Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pantene

I'm sorry, I'm not a regular on this board so I don't know if this has already been discussed...

Is anyone a Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner user?  I have literally used their line for the last decade and LOVED it.  I know some people complain about it, but I didn't have any issues with filmy, weighed down hair, or anything like that.  My hair was always very healthy and shiny on those products.  I especially liked their Clarifying shampoo (which is now extinct) and their Restoratives line. 

But this new system they have going (new bottles, new formulas)... it sucks!  I've tried a few different "types" of shampoos and I'm really, really disappointed.  My hair is gross...  matted down... I'm so bummed because I've always been loyal to Pantene.

Am I alone?  Any other complaints about the new Pantene? 

Re: Pantene

• I use to use it a lot, but recently I was at a salon and my stylist as well as the other girls in the building told me that Pantene is really bad for your hair. Unfortunately I don't remember why exactly, so it could just be their opinion. I use Matrix Biolage and LOVE it.
  • It seems like Pantene's new formulations are MUCH harsher on hair than they used to be.  I tried a sample and it left my hair feeling dried out and tangled beyond belief.

I've been using L'Oreal Vive Pro instead.

• There is a lot of wax in Pantene, so it's not good for your hair. I use it when traveling and it makes it really soft for  a few days, but it sure oils my scalp up pretty fast.

If you like the drugstore brands, I have taken to L'Oreal Sulfate Free. 

• Yeah - like you guys are saying, I've heard people saying that Pantene's not good for your hair... but seriously, I had great hair on the product.  Clean, soft, shiny, etc.

I'll look into your shampoo suggestions.  What I really need is a good clarifying shampoo to get this build up out of my hair. 

• I agree with you COMPLETELY!  I am totally bummed that the Restorative line is Poof!Gone!  The new products are just awful.

I bought the Loreal Sulfate Free Line... i hate it.  I semi regularly use Aveda products but truthfully, I kept going back to Pantene.  I am now on the prowl at the Dollar Store and Ocean State Job Lots for left over old Pantene.

• image Stheneboea:

I am now on the prowl at the Dollar Store and Ocean State Job Lots for left over old Pantene.

It's funny you mention that because I just checked out google shopping for Pantene's old clarifying shampoo.  People are asking ridiculous prices for it on eBay. Like, over $30 for two bottles.

(Don't buy cosmetics/shampoos on eBay, btw.  I've had bad experiences with counterfeit products in the real containers.) 

• I know! I used to use a strengthening/straingtening cream stuff, and their spray leave in conditioner. And its gone. BUT Don't know if you have Big Lots in your area, I found some of the old stuff there yesterday! Both of the products I use. And know what I did?? Left them in the freaking buggy when I went to check out so I never got home with them! GRRR.... I'm going to go back today, hopefully they will still be there.

Here is Big Lot's website. http://www.biglots.com/Default.aspx

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    imageimage
  • image MrsJ61910:
    I use to use it a lot, but recently I was at a salon and my stylist as well as the other girls in the building told me that Pantene is really bad for your hair. Unfortunately I don't remember why exactly, so it could just be their opinion. I use Matrix Biolage and LOVE it.

I hear this about Pantene too. They say it leaves a lot of build up, and is the worse for color treated hair. It strips it. But it makes my hair feels so good! Super Angry

imageimage
  • image Jessimau:

It seems like Pantene's new formulations are MUCH harsher on hair than they used to be.  I tried a sample and it left my hair feeling dried out and tangled beyond belief.

I've been using L'Oreal Vive Pro instead.

I noticed this too.

imageimage
  • I have the same problems with the new Pantene.  It makes my hair so dull and flat.  I have been using Victoria's Secret So Sexy volumizing shampoo and conditioner and I love it so far.  It makes my hair smell amazing and gives it a lot of body. Also, about once a week (no more than that because it will be too harsh on your hair) I put about a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in with my shampoo and it basically works as a clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the excess hair products in your hair.
  • Oh, and remember V05 Hot Oil our moms used when we were little. They still make it, and it feels wonderful on your hair! I also read you can warm up some olive oil and put that on your hair too.
    imageimage