Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone ever use Nars, Chanel, Dior, or MAC foundations?

I am looking for a new foundation (I previously used Dior Air Flash, it had great coverage but only lasted 3 months and that wasn't even using it every day).  I have normal skin and would like something with light to medium coverage (not a TM though).  I don't really have the time to head to a bunch of counters and get samples and the Sephora by me is hard to get someone to help you sometimes because it is usually busy.  If you tried any of those foundations and really liked one (or didn't care for one), please let me know.  Or, if there is another one you love, please suggest it.

Re: Anyone ever use Nars, Chanel, Dior, or MAC foundations?

• I was using MAC studio fix and I like it - it would give you the coverage you are seeking. I just didn't like the way it felt on my skin.

I am using Aveda's mineral dual foundation and it is beyond amazing! And it is only $22. It gives great coverage and just gives this healthy glow that is hard to explain. Plus it lasts ALL DAY with no shine coming through. You can build the coverage from low to high.

I would also recommend Bare Minerals Matte Foundation. 

• I like and currently use MAC studio fix. I mainly want light coverage, but you can apply it heavier. I also like Prescriptives skin responsive tint. It goes on light and gives you a nice natural glow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm using MAC Studio Fix as well and really like the way that it looks and feels. I switched to liquid after using BE for a few years.
  • I really like, and am currently using, NARS Sheer glow. I highly recommend. Perhaps because the color matches really well, but it gives good coverage while still being light. I don't really feel it on-but I recommend a translucent powder to set (I use MUFE HD powder).

Two things:

It doesn't come with a pump, but you can buy one (off NARS.com), and it help it last a lot longer because I don't waste product (and a little covers my whole face). 

Where you buy it determines the shades available. Sephora doesn't ahve all the shades, but NARS counters do. I don't have a NARS counter so I took a leap, and ordered the one I thought fit me off NARS.com, which ended up perfect. 

Okay more things - it says glow, but its really not glowly (say like Laura Mecier TM), which I like. It just looks natural if you will. It applies best using fingers (I did everything else before hand, its actually what NARS  recommends and it really does work best). MAC was to heavy for me. Dior Airflash was my favorite, but I agree about the short life span. NARS sheer glow is much better lasting (I generally use M-F only, I'm haflway through the bottle after purchasing in April).

I can talk way more about that than I should... 

I've heard it both ways.
  • I use MAC Studio Sculpt and love it.
  • I switched over to Liquid but I do go back and forth with Chanel's double matte perfection pressed powder. It's been my favorite for years because its so light its not like your wearing a heavy foundation. 
  • image fIowerchild:
    I use MAC Studio Sculpt and love it.

I have this and I DON'T love it--it matches perfectly, but oxidizes during the day and turns ornagey. So I only use it if I dilute it with moisturizer.

• This isn't one of the ones you've mentioned, but I've been using Cle de Peau and really like it. It's really expensive, but it lasts a LONG time (I use it every day - sometimes twice a day when I work out and I bought the bottle in early February). I was spending like $50 every month and a half for Jane Iredale. Cle de Peau is a little over double that, but I'm on my 8th month of it.

It gives good coverage and is the first foundation I've ever used that absolutely does not oxidize.