Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NYC Marathoners

all three of you. . . .  

Wave and corral assignments are posted on profiles.  

This lady is not excited about her 10:40 start.  Bright side: at least it'll warm up a little by then.  

Re: NYC Marathoners

• I'm green wave too.  I'm so slow that I didn't figure I'd be anything else. 

The only real bummer is that we're on the lower level of the Verrazano-- the first two miles are going to suck.

Glad we get that extra hour of sleep the night before though--I'm going to need it.

• Ugh.me too. Maybe I can sleep in a little? although unlikely since I am running with a team....
  • I was in the late corral with the lower level in 2007. The bridge was fine. The only downside is you end up passing a bunch of people in pace groups an hour slower when the course combines (assuming its the same now).  Definitely plan to fuel a little late though - I remember starving in line to start and I had to eat a gu early!
  • is all of wave 3 on the lower level of the Veranzo?  I thought blue and orange were up top?  that is all based on hearsay though. 

I'm blue, but my 'transportation assignment' is a 530 AM bus at the NYC library. Think I'm going to skip that and opt for the ferry.  Hanging out on Staten Island for nearly 5 hours in November doesn't sound like a good time.  Like at all. 

• image ebeth_msn:

is all of wave 3 on the lower level of the Veranzo?  I thought blue and orange were up top?  that is all based on hearsay though. 

I'm blue, but my 'transportation assignment' is a 530 AM bus at the NYC library. Think I'm going to skip that and opt for the ferry.  Hanging out on Staten Island for nearly 5 hours in November doesn't sound like a good time.  Like at all. 

No, you're right,  you're on the upper level.  Since I'm green, I'm on the lower.  Lameo.

I'm on the 8am ferry,  too bad I found out AFTER I booked a hotel near the library.  Now I've got an early subway ride.

• image prop_tart:
    image ebeth_msn:

is all of wave 3 on the lower level of the Veranzo?  I thought blue and orange were up top?  that is all based on hearsay though. 

No, you're right,  you're on the upper level.  Since I'm green, I'm on the lower.  Lameo.

I'm on the 8am ferry,  too bad I found out AFTER I booked a hotel near the library.  Now I've got an early subway ride.

at least you'll be closer to the finish line!

• image ebeth_msn:

Lol, I wish.  I live in NJ, so I'm just staying in Manhattan the night before and going home after the race.  The NJ bus pickup was really inconvenient for our one car household.

I'm trying to convince DH to drive in to the finish so I can sleep on the way home instead of taking the train.

• image prop_tart:
    image ebeth_msn:

Lol, I wish.  I live in NJ, so I'm just staying in Manhattan the night before and going home after the race.  The NJ bus pickup was really inconvenient for our one car household.

I'm trying to convince DH to drive in to the finish so I can sleep on the way home instead of taking the train.

yeah.  he should do that.  for sure.

I'm going all lone wolf for this race, so let me know if you want a marathon morning buddy.  I'll be going rogue and ignoring my transportation assignment and taking the ferry. I'm staying near penn station (I think that's still midtown).

• Bummed about my 10:40 start as well, but glad about my blue wave!!