Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I promise never to (insert your personal fashion don't here)

I promise never to buy another short-sleeved sweater. They are cute but my arms always end up freezing.

Re: I promise never to (insert your personal fashion don't here)

• I promise to never get french tips, fake nails again.

They ruin my nails and only last a couple weeks and SUCH a waste of money

• I promise never to get my eyebrows waxed! it bruised my skin!! Only tweezing and threading allowed.
  • I promise never to wear skinny jeans on legs that are not skinny.
    Newlyweds since 2007
  • I promise never to have my feet hangin' off my shoes. I hate seeing someone with a toe creepin' over the edge... or worse, heels pouring off of the back. How does that happen? Did their foot grow 2 sizes in one day? I thought that only happened in Dr. Suess stories.
    Newlyweds since 2007
  • image Surfinbride:
    I promise never to have my feet hangin' off my shoes. I hate seeing someone with a toe creepin' over the edge... or worse, heels pouring off of the back. How does that happen? Did their foot grow 2 sizes in one day? I thought that only happened in Dr. Suess stories.
    lol yes! My thoughts exactly!
  • I promise to NEVER wear leggings as pants. I don't care how thin someone is, leggings are not pants so please cover your a$$.
  • I promise to NEVER wear socks with sandals.  I never have, never will, and just want to slap some sense into those who do.
    Blog: Not to be Koi

Sara, Friend?
    glove slap. I don't take crap.
  • image Kim&Dan:
    I promise to NEVER wear leggings as pants. I don't care how thin someone is, leggings are not pants so please cover your a$$.

Total lurker here, but THIS!!! I teach middle school--you wouldn't believe how many girls get in trouble for this! 

• I promise to never try and color my own hair again!  I pay someone for a reason!

Also, I wear jeggings as pants!  I have a cute butt and legs, and they look good on me!  Don't hate!  They have pockets and a zipper!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Never go to a new hair salon without multiple references first!
  • I promise to never wear stirrup pants.
  • I promise never to get a brazilian wax from a girl straight out of beauty school just to save a few bucks. OUCHHHHH.
  • i promise never to wear a crappy bra that doesn't support. nothing in the world makes your shape look worse (no matter what you are wearing) than boobs that lay low.
  • I promise to never get acrylic nails. .::shudder::. I've only had them once, probably 12 years ago. But whenever I see them, I just get so grossed out. Not too mention natural nails look 100x better..
    BFP#1: 1/24/12, MC 2/5/12 @6 wks BFP#2: 4/3/12, EDD 12/11/12 Baby Girl born 11/23/12!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Henri and Charlotte, Christmas 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I promise never to wear original style Crocs.  My eyes, my eyes!  Horrible.  I don't care if they're comfortable.  So are a lot of other shoes.  Being comfortable = / = looking like a fool.

That said, I'm OK with shoes from the Crocs company that aren't the originals.  I have Crocs flip flops, but the actually look like flip flops. 

• I promise never to wear runnings shoes if I am not planning to exercise.  I have plenty of cute shoes that are not running shoes to choose from.

It's hard to promise some stuff because what once seemed like an impossibility (like how I SHUNNED the idea of skinny jeans) definitely becomes a possibility sometimes.  For example, I don't ever plan to wear stirrup pants with the stirrup visible ever again.  However, I could see wearing them with boots over them, if I found a pair that was inexpensive and fit well.

Otto
    My (New! Improved!) Blog

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools