July 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]not.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Emily & Lena*

Hey, how does your Hubs feel about the Southwest/Air Tran merger? My Hubs isn?t excited about it at all.

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
Click Me
Photobucket

Re: *Emily & Lena*

• Mine is sooo not excited about it either.
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/160u695.jpg[/IMG]
  • We were talking about this the other day. He thinks it was a very smart move on their part b/c now they have eliminated part of their competition for lower fares.  And it gets them into other Hubs like Atlanta.

The thing he thought was strange is that South West has NEVER code-shared with anyone. They also only use 737's and Airtran flies only the 737 and 717, so they can merge their planes together easily, and they were talking about fazing out the 717. 

All this being said, he doesn't like when airlines go away. He loves flying and aviation, and likes the fact that there are multiple airlines. 

•  From what my Hubs said, he isn?t too happy with it. It just makes things harder for the airline he works for. It's a good move but sucks for their airline.

I don?t like the mergers just because all the crap his airline is dealing with and who they merged with. It?s been 5 years and they are still trying to merge things together. I think hubs feels the same since he loves Aviation and loves flying.

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
    Click Me
    Photobucket
  • imageNesJas:

From what my Hubs said, he isn?t too happy with it. It just makes things harder for the airline he works for. It's a good move but sucks for their airline.

I don?t like the mergers just because all the crap his airline is dealing with and who they merged with. It?s been 5 years and they are still trying to merge things together. I think hubs feels the same since he loves Aviation and loves flying.

That is how my H feels about it. Also, I agree w/ you Vanessa  about not liking mergers. For example, the Delta/Northwest merger... there is still ridiculousness going on daily. Unions vs non unions, old NW managers pissed b/c they now work for Delta and are no longer managers at Delta and taking it out on the orig Delta employees. The pre-merger NW people still claim to not know how to work Delta flights, and the list continues...mergers are headaches. We both love flying, and fly at least once a month! 

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/160u695.jpg[/IMG]
  • imagemcmahaee:
    imageNesJas:

From what my Hubs said, he isn?t too happy with it. It just makes things harder for the airline he works for. It's a good move but sucks for their airline.

That is how my H feels about it. Also, I agree w/ you Vanessa  about not liking mergers. For example, the Delta/Northwest merger... there is still ridiculousness going on daily. Unions vs non unions, old NW managers pissed b/c they now work for Delta and are no longer managers at Delta and taking it out on the orig Delta employees. The pre-merger NW people still claim to not know how to work Delta flights, and the list continues...mergers are headaches. We both love flying, and fly at least once a month! 

Me too!!! But we dont get to do it once a month. We've only go on trips 2/3 times a year. I am surprised we can make this year have 5 trips. I really can't wait for DC, we might stay an extra day to just make sure we see everything and of course meet any Nesties who want to come up and visit me.

Yeah, mergers are good but they suck too.

Click Me
    Photobucket
  • That's why Dustin doesn't like them either. He doesn't like to see airlines (or banks or stores) be bought out. He feels there should be more of a chance for the "little" guy. It really isn't fair.

Soon there will just be one huge airline, one huge bank, and one huge electroincs store (best buy). Neither of us like it.