Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OMG is the protein drink I've been forcing down awful.

Yes, it keeps me full and replaces lunch quickly for me.

Yes, it cuts down my calories.

But, holy hell is it bad tasting both when I'm drinking and for hours after.

Re: OMG is the protein drink I've been forcing down awful.

• The first two don't outweigh the third for me. No chance.

Why not drink something that tastes good, or just eat real food for lunch?

• You posted about this the other day - I'm not sure what you are looking for.  If you hate the taste, a shake is not going to replace lunch quickly or keep you full.   Most of the H&F ladies will tell you there are plenty of healthy things that are quick to make and eat. 

Jersey Girl Triathlon 8/7/11

• Great.  I'm glad you're doing something you hate to get skinny.  What a great long-term plan.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • imageBrie2010:
    Great.  I'm glad you're doing something you hate to get skinny.  What a great long-term plan.

This. Let us know how it works out long term for you. I never understood why people force themselves to eat/drink something that tastes horrible in an attempt to get skinny. Not trying to be snarky but after opening up your bio and seeing this comment:

Everyone hates pretty girls....I understand your anger towards me.

yeah....I think snarkiness is deserved. Please look into healthier options for you lunches. While you may think what you're doing now is going to get you thin, being skinny =/= being healthy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm

So find one you like or eat real food?  Why are you torturing yourself?  Even more so, why are you telling us that you are torturing yourself?

• imageTennis Chick:

This. Let us know how it works out long term for you. I never understood why people force themselves to eat/drink something that tastes horrible in an attempt to get skinny. Not trying to be snarky but after opening up your bio and seeing this comment:

yeah....I think snarkiness is deserved. Please look into healthier options for you lunches. While you may think what you're doing now is going to get you thin, being skinny =/= being healthy. 

Seriously. Confused

• Why are you still drinking it? First off, protein drinks are not meant to be used as meal replacement drinks so I have no idea why you're doing that. Second, if you hate it so much and continue to complain about it then why ffs are you still drinking the stuff? There are 100+ brands of protein, try another. 
  • What brand are you drinking?  If it's that bad, definitely try another brand!  If you bought it from a health food store, most will allow you to return it if you do not like it.  At least I have done so at GNC with protein powders I thought tasted awful.

Anyway, you shouldn't use it to replace a meal or cut down on calories.  Doing this as your "diet" it not a long term solution and you will just gain weight back once you stop this "diet".

My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRenoisPrettierThanYou:
    um...thanks

What the heck else did you expect?  

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think people gave you plenty of options here:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43097499.aspx

<div align=
  • I found GNC's chocolate whey to be agreeable.  I think my brother, who consumes tons of protein, has GNC's vanilla whey.

Also look into hemp protein powder.  I have heard good things about Sun Warrior brand. 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Definitely try packing REAL food in controlled portions.

If you insist, then how about a fresh fruit smoothie with some protein powder added to it?

• imageBrie2010:
    Not trying to be snarky but after opening up your bio and seeing this comment:

How about posting a photo of yourself and letting us be the judges? C'mon....it'd be fun!

• imagefIowerchild:

imageBrie2010:
    Not trying to be snarky but after opening up your bio and seeing this comment:

How about posting a photo of yourself and letting us be the judges? C'mon....it'd be fun!

*giggle*