Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clothes-do you pay attention

to what other people wear to work? i couldn't figure out what to wear this morning (normal). DH tells me to just put on some black pants and a top, I explain I can NOT wear black pants again since I just wore a different pair of black pants on Monday. I feel like people will talk about me if I wear a similar pair of pants twice in one week, am I the only one who thinks this?!
image Ridin dirty

Re: Clothes-do you pay attention

• I feel this way about shirts, but not pants.. Heck, I can wear black pants 3-4 days a week no problem, they're my go to pants.   I think they're always okay to wear.
  • Ha!  Not really.

Plus, I wear black pants almost everyday.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/281c7dy.jpg[/IMG],[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/28aqn0h.jpg[/IMG]
    Scarlett and Drew
  • I pay attention. But something like black pants wouldn't stand out to me. If you have something that stands out, like a different blouse or snazzy dress, and wear it often, I'll notice. 
  • image ibekatieg:
    I pay attention. But something like black pants wouldn't stand out to me. If you have something that stands out, like a different blouse or snazzy dress, and wear it often, I'll notice. 

This. I wear black or gray pants a large percentage of the time during the fall/winter.

• Yes, my office is a fashion show and many of the girls talk about others outfits all.the.time, though, I really don't notice or pay attention to what others wear. Needless to say it makes me really conscientious of what I wear and how often I wear it because I don't really conform to what they believe. IDK I kind of hate that it's like that and sometimes feel judged because I don't spend 10K a year on shoes and clothes (yes, a co-worker spends that much a year and will never wear the same outfit twice). 
  • i'm like katie g.  i pay attention but i really wouldn't notice black pants.  i do notice that a woman in my office wears a bright pink floral cardigan AT LEAST once a week. 

i wish i could still wear black pants to work but unfortunately now that i walk i usually wear a skirt because all of my pants are hemmed for heels.  need to find a way to fix that for winter. 

• image ooodsie:
    I feel this way about shirts, but not pants.. Heck, I can wear black pants 3-4 days a week no problem, they're my go to pants.   I think they're always okay to wear.

This. 

• I wear black pants twice a week. Usually on Mon and Wed. If someone notices...thats their problem. Who cares?

My little nuggets

• a person i know posted this link, she is not buying new clothes for a year. 

the person in this video wore the same 6 things all month.

could you?

http://www.gnn.com/article/apparel-dieters-slim-their-wardrobes/1299723 

• i kind of have a uniform i bet people notice
  • I try not to wear black pants 2 days in a row, but that's about as far as I go in terms of planning out my wardrobe. 

I only notice what people wear if it's really cute. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image Beagle211:

I only notice what people wear if it's really cute. 

Or hideously ugly.   

• I wear the same pants all the time.  I just make it a point to not wear the same shirt more than once every two weeks or so. 

• I notice people's clothes, but I wouldn't notice or care if someone wore black pants two days in a row. I wear black pants most days (I have about 6 pairs of them) but then wear fun tops or jewelry to change it up.
    My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • I've had this worry many times, but, I must admit, I never pay attention to what other co-workers are wearing unless it is something completely outrageous.  I couldn't even tell you what any of my coworkers were wearing yesterday, including my own secretary and paralegal.

I guess it just doesn't matter to me.  With that said, I know some catty women in my office who comment on the outfit of practically every other woman.

• There is a woman that wears tank tops, and really low cut, or shirts that show her bra strap because it's  a halter and she wears a regular bra. This I notice, the black pants, not so much. As long as it's not a stand out piece of apparel, I doubt anyone will notice.