June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Young Professionals organizations

Are any of you members of one? If so, what are the benefits? Is it a great networking tool? 
image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: Young Professionals organizations

• I used to be and it was an excellent networking tool. My job actually required that I take part in these events and functions to promote our company etc.

I met so. many. people this way and still have a rolodex full of incredible contacts! 

• Are there, uh, age restrictions? I AM knocking on 30's door, you know. 

:-0 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I checked into one here and it was all about going to the opera.  You pay membership dues to get reduced opera tickets and they have a social afterward.  It just didn't seem like it was worthwhile for my field.  Maybe if I was in sales it would be worthwhile?
  • image mamie329:

Are there, uh, age restrictions? I AM knocking on 30's door, you know. 

:-0 

LOL, no I think anything under 40 is considered a "young" professional. At least in West Palm it was. 

• I'm in marketing now - so I feel like being a joiner and networker will be really good for me professionally. I guess I'm a little afraid they'll say "Uh... 29? How about you just join a 'Professionals Organization?'
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Ummm...what the heck is a young professionals organization?!?!?!

(Clearly I'm not ready for corporate life)

Photobucket
  • Based on stereotypes alone, wouldn't W. Palm's demographics be a little skewed? :) 

SBS, think a group of yuppies sipping Starbucks and planning members-only outings under the guise of bettering the community. Ha, okay. I am stereotyping again.  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I think you are fine Mames. Most places consider under 40 to be still young. You most likely even have a 40 below or something of that name in your area which is for exactly that, below 40 in age.
  • image mamie329:

Based on stereotypes alone, wouldn't W. Palm's demographics be a little skewed? :) 

SBS, think a group of yuppies sipping Starbucks and planning members-only outings under the guise of bettering the community. Ha, okay. I am stereotyping again.  

I am now pictuing Rob Lowe whenever he plays a jerk on screen. I don't think I want to hang out sipping Starbucks with Rob Lowe.

Photobucket