Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Just read the DD post that was reposted and feel I need to say something..

2»

Re: Just read the DD post that was reposted and feel I need to say something..

• Against all instinct to just leave this alone, I might have to respectfully disagree with all of you. There may be, just may be a tiny little reason to speak up once in a while and post a "Chill out, ladies" thread. When a crowd gangs up on someone weaker, that's bullying. When the masses stay silent and watch it go on without voicing their dissapproval, they're bystanders. There should be no shame in someone refusing to be a bystander. I applaud you OP for refusing to be a bystander.

Now please don't bully me. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image KelsoXOXO:
    Hey I have an idea! Let's MOVE ON. I'm trying to but people are posting more about this on other boards and have continued to comment on this when clearly the conversation was ending. I'm done so um...bye? You've said your "meany head" things, bet you just feel soooo coool!! You sure look like it! ::snort::
    And this isn't directed towards those saying this thread is dumb, pointless, etc. I have agreed and see what you mean. Moving on now!

Hey, tell us about how mature you are again.

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • image imoan:

image KelsoXOXO:
    Hey I have an idea! Let's MOVE ON. I'm trying to but people are posting more about this on other boards and have continued to comment on this when clearly the conversation was ending. I'm done so um...bye? You've said your "meany head" things, bet you just feel soooo coool!! You sure look like it! ::snort::
    And this isn't directed towards those saying this thread is dumb, pointless, etc. I have agreed and see what you mean. Moving on now!

Dude seriously you need to move on. You're not accomplishing anything...sorry lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • image KelsoXOXO:
    image imoan:

image KelsoXOXO:

Dude seriously you need to move on. You're not accomplishing anything...sorry lol.

actually it's accomplishing a lot - it's entertaining to see how many times you will post in a thread you have claimed to be moving on from.  Just because you are "done" doesn't mean other people can't still post

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MassAngel:
    image KelsoXOXO:
    image imoan:

image KelsoXOXO:

actually it's accomplishing a lot - it's entertaining to see how many times you will post in a thread you have claimed to be moving on from.  Just because you are "done" doesn't mean other people can't still post

Exactly. After she started this post, continually replied to a related post on TIP and continues to reply to this post... she's over it and now we must be too!  "Good day sir, I said GOOD DAY!"

Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • The fail is just too much. *facepalm*
  • image imoan:
      "Good day sir, I said GOOD DAY!"

Tootsie?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore......

• At the risk of beating this dead mutant horse I do have to say that I did extend benefit-of-the-doubt to the original poster.

So, it is inaccurate to say that EVERY single response in the original thread was ugly. I saw many other people extend good thoughts too before she DD'd. I didn't see the same posts again with the repost. It would be great to consider all of the people who replied as opposed to assume that it was just a snark-fest. 

I did say to her (in the original thread. I don't think it made it to the repost) that I think its awful that she feels like her family doesn't value her. I also pointed out that she is under no obligation to go to the wedding if she doesn't feel like she supports it for whatever reason. It really doesn't matter what any of our opinions on WHY she wasn't going to attend (petty reason or not) . The bottom line about that issue is that she doesn't have to go if she doesn't want to. She can decline the invite.

I'm not going to say who was wrong & who was right. I think it is good to make sure this account is accurate. I thought there was some good advice nestled in with the snark-fest. If the original poster (Iheartmyfamily) really reads through the thread and filters out the personal attacks, name-calling (which she was guilty of as well) then she can weight the pro's & cons of going to the wedding.

That's all I'm going to say about that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MCsAngel2:

image imoan:
      "Good day sir, I said GOOD DAY!"

Tootsie?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore......

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the older one)... I believe that is to what you are referring. :)

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.