Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

little boy forced off school bus 20 miles from home

Heads would be ROLLING if this were my child.  I would not stop until people were fired, for real.  This is insane to me.  That poor little guy..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38931352/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: little boy forced off school bus 20 miles from home

• I was just going to post this!!  Breaks my heart to even read it.  I couldn't imagine...so many things could have happened to him, thank God nothing did!
  • Holy hell!  I would be beyond livid.  Poor little boy and poor parents.  What a nightmare.
  • Wow. I would be freaking out! I agree, someone would be fired over this. 20 miles??!!!! Thank god he knew his phone number at least! I'm glad he was okay.
    Holly
  • I dont get how he got on. My mom works in OPS and there are kids that need to take the bus home but they haven't turned in the paperwork so can't get on.

The mom said she is switching schools...I would try to find a way to drive the kid myself or carpool!

• That poor child.  I would want to kill people.
  • Omg.  This makes me sick to my stomach.  Imagining my little boy walking down a freaking highway crying my name?  Ooooh yeah... heads would roll.
    [IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/4/465918.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/7/736733.png[/IMG]
  • I have no words for this...how stupid! Who does that? A first grader!! I'm furious for this family!!
  • image *jeana*:
    That poor child.  I would want to kill people.

This exactly. There is no excuse for dropping a young child like that off just because "it's the last stop." Shame on that bus driver.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WOW.  That is beyond irresponsible and that guy should absolutely be fired.  That poor kid and his mom--wow.  I don't even know what to say.  My mom is a bus driver and I know she'll be horrified when I tell her this story. 
  • I wonder how often this happens and you don't hear about it....

My old roomie has a little boy in 3rd grade, and on his first day of Kindergarten he was put on the bus home instead of being sent Kids Club (or whatever they call it).  Her DH happened to be home that day and was out in the yard as the bus drove down the street and her kid was hanging out the bus window waving to him.  If her DH woudn't have been home that day, who knows where the kid would have went.  She was LIVID!  And her little guy didn't know any different.  He even supposedly had a wrist band on that day that was a certain color to distinguish which kids got on a bus and which ones stayed after and he still was put on the bus.

• Isn't this the 2nd time something involving the bus has happened to this kid? Or was it another kid, same school? I don't remember, but seriously, stories like this are the reason we take Alissa to and from school, even though she qualifies to be bussed.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• omg, I could just cry imagining him walking along the highway sobbing for his mother
    Blythe, born 6/5/10, and Oscar the dog (not pictured), adopted 11/16/07
  • That is so sad and scary. So many bad things could have happened to him.  What I don't understand is why he wasn't taken back to school and his mother contacted. Whatever "extra" kids you have at the end of the route are just dropped off at the end of your route? Sick. Wrong. Scary. Irresponsible. Several people need to loose their jobs over this.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He absolutely should have been taken back to school and not dumped! Holy crap!! Pretty sure we'd be fired on the spot if that happened!

For us every day someone reads the list of kids to get on the bus and they get on one-by-one at our school. The driver has a checklist and knows where everybody is. They have assigned seats, assigned drop-offs, etc. I did it once to help out and it took a while but I knew where everyone was and where they were going. i also knew which kids we didn't have and exactly where they were (mom picked them up, sick that day, etc.) I don't understand how something like this can happen and there be NO attempt to fix it. Absolutely unacceptable.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree. Heads should roll. Poor kid. I would definitly find a way to drive my kid to and from school.
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • The bus driver told Nebraska City police that his supervisor told him to drop the child off in Union.

Hurr durr.  Derp, derp, derp.

'Just following orders.'

The tard should be swallowing some of his own teeth.

I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
  • image SIIHPAPP:

The bus driver told Nebraska City police that his supervisor told him to drop the child off in Union.

Hurr durr.  Derp, derp, derp.

'Just following orders.'

The tard should be swallowing some of his own teeth.

I just about spit my water out. Hilarious. 

(the comment. not the situation) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers