Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

s/o meal ideas - Your menu this week.

I am super impressed on everyone's ideas in Mrs. Greeko's post about what she has left in her pantry and what she should make.

So tell me, what is on your meal planning menu this week?

Re: s/o meal ideas - Your menu this week.

• Yesterday - leftover pesto (from my Mahi recipe last week), mixed with spaghetti noodles & parmesan.

Tonight - Chicken salad.  (Cooking entire bag of frozen chicken to use in other recipes)

Wed - Stacked Green Chile enchiladas (using chicken above)

Thurs - Leftovers

Fri - Shrimp pasta

PHOTOS REMOVED

• Mine is up on Spirit of Power - but it is so NOT exciting.
    Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • well most of my stuff is already in the post below...

Sunday night we had brats/sausages/hot dogs with sauteed zucchini and squash and a fruit salad with peaches and kiwis

Last night we had grilled orange teriyaki chicken, brown rice, and soy sesame broccoli and wax beans

Tonight we are having bean soup and corn bread and maybe some sauteed swiss chard

Wednesday we will probably have grilled steak with boiled baby yukon gold potatoes tossed with butter and rosemary and roasted beets with EVOO and white balsamic vinegar

Thursday we will probably have grilled chicken leg quarter and grilled pork chop probably brushed with BBQ sauce, bread, and a veggie from the CSA

Friday we will probably have tilapia fish tacos with peach salsa, and a veggie from the CSA

Saturday I am either going to try my hand at stuffed cabbage rolls or Runzas with a veggie and maybe some grilled pears with gorganzola and honey.

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • Sunday we had teriyaki pork chops on the grill with grilled pineapple also summer squash with garlic butter.

Monday green chile cheeseburgers with oven fries.

Tues- we are going out!  Not sure where yet.

Other things we have made recently-Hawaiian pizza (w/pre-made crust) Homemade mac and cheese.  Ham/Cheeze scramble with carrot mufffins, waffles. Sometimes breakfast for dinner sounds good to me.

• M-we had pork chops, rice and mixed veggies

today- Pineapple chicken with some peas and left over rice

W-maybe spaghetti

TH-I may try to convince DH to go out since we have a gc to CB &Potts from our anniversary

F-can't remember...hmmmmm...

• Last night: Crockpot BBQ chicken sandwiches

Tonight: tacos

Wednesday: I have AWANA at church so I'll just grab something on my way and H will have frozen pizza

Thursday: Baked Mac 'n' Cheese

Friday: Ravioli

I usually only plan weeknight meals and weekends are totally up for grabs.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2evayr5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vghfv9.png[/IMG]

Bazinga!
    Liz's Yarn
  • Last night was penne with pork ragu and salad with tomatoes from our garden.

Tonight is grilled pizza with pesto, chicken sausage, and more tomatoes from our garden!

We are headed out of town tomorrow so that's all I got.

Lately grilled pizza and grilled brats are weekly staples in our house.

• Mon - ratatouille with a bunch of veggies from the farmers' market, rice

Tues -  pork chops, corn on the cob, salad & bread

Wed - leftovers

Thurs - ground turkey with sun-dried tomato pesto, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, squash & pasta

Friday - fish, couscous or roasted potatoes and a veggie

• Last night and tonight--chicken enchilada casserole with corn and veggies (broccoli last night, probably snap peas tonight). 

Tomorrow:  shrimp bread salad

Thursday and Friday:  crockpot bbq pork sandwiches with either roasted potatoes or sweet potato fries and veggies.

My menus are boring since I make a lot and eat leftovers at least every other night!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yesterday was shrimp for DH and I, fish sticks for the kids, edamame and noodles.

Tonight - Taco Bell (DH is on call, T has soccer and I don't feel like cooking. LOL)

Wed - Probably a beef roast of some sort. Something in the slow cooker for sure!

Thurs - Brown Sugar Meatloaf again 'cause it's my FAVE!! - Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Friday - ?? probably pizza 'cause DH is on call again. He's on 1st or 2nd call at the hospital a TON this month.

• Sunday: Brussels sprouts and onions over cheese toast

Monday: Mexican green chile tortilla casserole

Tuesday: Surf & turf w/ salmon and chicken or pork chop and smashed Yukon gold potatoes and carrots

Wednesday: Sandwiches and beer while tailgating at the John Mayer concert!

Thursday: Leftover Mexican casserole

Friday: Taco John's in Colby,KS while on the road back for the K-State football game

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I suck at meal planning but here's what I have...

Monday: Turkey Tacos

Tuesday: Butternut Squash and fresh spinach risotto

Wednesday: Salmon patties and sweet potato fries or leftover risotto

Thursday: Chicken, probably lemon pepper, with salad

That's all I've got.  I'm guessing the risotto recipe will easily last 2 days so the chicken will be pushed to Friday.

• Sunday:  Cheese Ravs w/ sauce I made, sauteed spinach

Yesterday:  Salmon, mac & cheese, peas

Today: Chicken w/ green chilis (I made the recipe up), quinoa, green beans

Wed on...I have no idea, I need to go shopping bad! 

• Ours is really bad this week, we need to eat out a lot less!!!

Sunday- mac and cheese

monday- parisi (we went out)

Tuesday- pork chops with brown rice and green beans

wednesday- we have an event to go to

thursday- probably pick up dinner on the way to the bar to watch Dh's cuz on project runway

friday- ground chicken burgers with swiss cheese sauce and mushrooms

saturday- weekly chinese dinner with friends

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • d.fd.f member

Sunday:  I roasted my first ever whole chicken-WW Garlic Roasted Chicken with Gravy

Today:  Another new recipe: Cooking Light's Creamy Garlic Shrimp and Pasta

Tomorrow or Thursday: Left overs

Tomorrow or Thursday: Cooking Light's Rosmary-Fig Chicken with Port

Friday: Tacos/Burritos

DS 09/08

i-QrTjQpv-L.jpg</p

• Yesterday -- pork chops marsala, pasta
    Today -- mac n' cheese with meatballs, applesauce
    Tomorrow -- cod fillets with peas
    Thursday -- hmmm, probably grilled chicken of some sort with corn on the cob and roasted potatoes
    Friday -- likely grilled or baked fish with parmesan risotto (I'm on a big risotto kick) and steamed asparagus
    Saturday -- we begin our weekend of BBQs

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Monday: I had dinner with friends, DH and G had salmon and crab cakes

Tuesday: Brats, corn on the cob and tomato basil salad

Wednesday: Chicken quesadillas

Thursday: DH plays softball so either leftovers or pizza

Weekend, I have no idea yet.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers