June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tiffany

I was looking at South Charleston and Kanawha City, and think this is the only one in my budget. 

Is this place decent?  Decent area?  Thank you so much! I'd hate to be stuck someplace sketchy!

Microtel Inn Charleston South

600 Second Avenue 25303

Re: Tiffany

• Idk anything about that one but I asked DH and he says the Best Western you were looking at is nice and that they use it when players come in town (baseball). He said it's on the nice end of Washington (across from the post officer and such- not towards the "other" end). Another place you might check is Sleep Inn at Mink Shoals. It's about 3 miles outside of downtown but it's where our parents always stay when they come.
  • Thank you.  I ended up booking where your parents stay.  With the AAA discount, it was the cheapest. 

Another question.  A coworker said to get a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Is it necessary or can a regular car do just fine?

Thanks

• You'll like it there. :) There's a little family owned restaurant next door that's very tasty too! As far as a 4wd, you definitely don't need one in the Charleston area. I drive a Chevy Cobalt if that tells you anything, lol. Idk where else you're traveling to in WV but I'd imagine a regular car would be just fine- we take mine everywhere and have never had problems, especially since it's not winter.
  • Yay for getting a hotel! Hardings (the restaurant Tiff mentioned) has yummy pancakes.  

I'm not sure where you have to drive. As long as you're not going off the road you won't need 4WD. If you have to drive up some gravel or dirt road mountain I would consider it. You should be fine though.