May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My Boys

I am currently addicted to this show.  Does anyone else watch it?  It's on TBS.  It's so funny and I love their clever remarks that no one would think to say in real life.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

Re: My Boys

• I've never heard of it. What's it about?
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • It's about a female sports writer and her 4 guy friends set in Chicago. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Boys

I would definitely suggest watching some episodes on line. 

http://www.tbs.com/shows/myboys.jsp

• I've seen a few episodes and liked them but I never remember when its on.

The new show I am currently addicted to " Swamp People" on History Channel. So amazingly awesome.

• Oh, ok. I remember seeing that advertised a while back. It looked good but I've never watched it.
    Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • MrsGoontz, what is Swamp People about?  I've never heard of it, but am always on the lookout for new shows.  (Especially ever since "our" show, Lost, ended!!)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejehawley:
    MrsGoontz, what is Swamp People about?  I've never heard of it, but am always on the lookout for new shows.  (Especially ever since "our" show, Lost, ended!!)

http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people

Swamp people takes place in the swamp lands of Louisiana and follows a few alligator hunters (yes you heard me right) during alligator hunting season (no I'm not making this up). Their accents and the things they do are just insane. They kill 12 ft alligators and then wrestle them into the boat and its just crazy. Plus I think the cajun sense of humor is hilarious. I have some cajun relatives and its just hard to believe that these people really live like this but they do. It's a different way of life :)

• That sounds interesting, I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

On a side note, Cajuns are descendants of L'Acadiens (say Acadian's with a french accent...that's where "Cajuns" comes from) who are from close to where I'm from.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I watched My Boys avidly the first couple of seasons. One of my guy friends had burnt the first several episodes for me and said "You have to watch this. It's your life." (I worked at a Boy Scout camp for three summers when I was in college, so it really pretty much was.)

I'd like to get back into watching it again, but I'm no good at paying attention to when stuff is on TV. It seems like I'm never home, anyway. We don't have a DVR, and I hate watching TV on a teeny computer screen. 

• I just started watching it recently and have been getting the first few seasons as DVDs from Netflix.  I'm right at the end of season 1 and I have to wait to watch the cliffhanger from season 1!!  I might go to Best Buy tomorrow and get the Season 2/3 combo pack...

• As a Cubs fan, I love it.
  • I LOVE that show!!  =)
    BabyFruit Ticker