Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

manic monday

Re: manic monday

• Best: Having a very successful cyclocross (bike) clinic on Sunday, getting my pretty new ring back from the Shaneco. Hanging out w/DH Friday night and being lazy.

Worst: Still not feeling well

• Best: brad paisley concert in Charlotte on Friday with DH and good friends

Worst: being "off" with DH alllllllll freaking weekend.  We just weren't meshing at all.  Had a huge fight over.....ICE CREAM!  Thankfully, our fights never last long, but ugh!

• Best - visiting some friends on Sat

Worst - still dealing with a bum ankle

• Best: My new car :) Traded in our headache of a Jetta for a 2011 Tiguan, it is zippy and niiiice.

Worst: We are packing up all of our extra stuff/clutter in hopes of selling our place. It is already stressful. I hate dust :P

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • best: getting my new moto jacket, plus 2 tops and a skinny belt from ny&co for $107. 

worst: DH getting a HUGE gash in his foot while he was demolishing tile in the bathroom...i was really worried we'd need to go to the hospital for stitches, which would be $$$$ because his insurance doesn't kick in until wednesday (yes, we are those people who didn't get the supplemental insurance between jobs...won't ever do it again).  luckily, i did some googling and it said we could use butterfly bandages, so we got those plus big band-aids and its healing pretty good! DH has a monster knot though too, since the tile fell on his foot too.

• Best: celebrating my grandmother's 90th bday. lots of SG

Worst: seeing that gma's health has really deteriorated, having a not so good meal at Spice Market, having more emotional breakdowns about work stuff.

• Best: Good relaxing weekend for DH & I, and we found a new nice trail to walk. 

Worst: AF started, which made me moody and tired most of the weekend (this is half good though, becuase I'll be done by the time we fly out on Saturday).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Best: Sleeping in my own bed after being out of town last week (worst bed ever at our rental house). Also, went shopping and got some new work clothes yesterday.

Worst: Leaving the beach early because the weather sucked so badly. Having a ton of laundry to do from being out of town. General disappointment in our trip after looking SO forward to it.

• best - spending time with dh, antiquing saturday, seeing my mom and g-ma, dinner at Hal's (YUMMY!!!!), and my lil sis getting ENGAGED!!!!!!!!, sunday golf with dh

worst - not sleeping really well.

• best - it was so great! The weather, the shopping, the emmy's, I got fro-yo! I could go on and on. I felt really accomplished too.

worst - I cannot do it. I realized yesterday this week would be it for BCPs and I. am. not. ready. My useless DH says "its your body". Gee babe. Thanks for taking the time to let me know how YOU feel about it. It was a real in-depth discussion Huh? My problem is that my pills are 3-mo cycles.... but it'll save me from any issues on our cruise in Oct... so... yay? Ugh. I hate being indecisive but I feel like its a more realistic/adult decision to realize that I'm just not in the right mindframe yet. And of course we get a msg this morning that DHs cousin's wife is pg with a girl. FML.

At this point I hate taking them, but I think I'd flip the F out if we got pg in Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec. I just keep thinking "we're not financially ready! What if we move for DHs job??? What if ____?" Crying And then I think if we did wait and DH does get the job and we do move THEN I will feel more ready because it'll be a few months from now and our "what if's" will be decided.

:::sigh::: pity party of 1. Now seating. Sometimes Ihate being an adult.

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Best - spent some great quality time with BF

Wors - AF came into town and I felt pretty miserable

• image BAMFMrsB:

best - it was so great! The weather, the shopping, the emmy's, I got fro-yo! I could go on and on. I felt really accomplished too.

worst - I cannot do it. I realized yesterday this week would be it for BCPs and I. am. not. ready. My useless DH says "its your body". Gee babe. Thanks for taking the time to let me know how YOU feel about it. It was a real in-depth discussion Huh? My problem is that my pills are 3-mo cycles.... but it'll save me from any issues on our cruise in Oct... so... yay? Ugh. I hate being indecisive but I feel like its a more realistic/adult decision to realize that I'm just not in the right mindframe yet. And of course we get a msg this morning that DHs cousin's wife is pg with a girl. FML.

At this point I hate taking them, but I think I'd flip the F out if we got pg in Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec. I just keep thinking "we're not financially ready! What if we move for DHs job??? What if ____?" Crying And then I think if we did wait and DH does get the job and we do move THEN I will feel more ready because it'll be a few months from now and our "what if's" will be decided.

:::sigh::: pity party of 1. Now seating. Sometimes Ihate being an adult.

this. babies terrify me, but i want one!

• Best. DH brought home flowers while I was at work and he left a note that said the flowers were from the dog for all the nice things I do for him. Plus I found out I don't have to work this weekend, which is awesome considering it's retail and I'm the newbie on the mgmt team.

Worst: I forgot how rough retail is on you physically. My feet have been hurting for 4 days. I can't help but think about how bad it will be if/when I get KU. : /