Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Apple iBook G4 1.33 PowerPC G4 Notebook

Does anyone here own a Apple iBook? Please share your thoughts.

TIA

Claudia

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt12528f.aspx[/img][/ur]

Re: Apple iBook G4 1.33 PowerPC G4 Notebook

• I have one and I love it. I run both Mac OS and Windows. My only complaint is the plastic around the keyboard is cheap and brittle. There is some cracking where the top closes. I have seen it happen on multiple Macbooks so it's not specific to my laptop. Mine is a few years old though and I'm pretty sure that they have corrected this in newer models.

My biggest rave is that my chihuahua jumped on my lap unexpectedly one day and I spilled some coffee into the keyboard. Some of the keys no longer worked. I took it to the Apple store and paid $130 for a new keyboard and they fixed it while I waited (about 15 minutes). Honestly I was thrilled to get it fixed the same day and not have to send it off for 4-6 weeks for a minor repair. They also helped tremendously when I was setting up the second partition and getting the dual boot working.

• I adore my mac! I do have the same issue with the cracking, but it doesn't hinder usage. I had a bad battery, and even though it wasn't covered by the warranty, they replaced it for free!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**