Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Watched the lightning theif movie (spoilers)

I was very disappointed. They changed most of the story. It felt like a dumb flick whereas the books felt well done. Although the scenery at camp was beautiful the camp was lack luster. Although it did have some great graphics or whatnot (I'm not a tech-y person) it almost felt low budget. Needless to say I was not impressed and I'm glad I didn't waste my money in the theater.
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/33etugm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tinyurl.com/7f9prt8[/IMG]

Books read in 2011- 62/75

Re: Watched the lightning theif movie (spoilers)

• I didn't mind the movie - IF I completely removed it from the book. I really enjoy the series but you're right, the movie was just missing SO MUCH material that would really have elevated the movie to a whole, more Potter-esque level. It's like they didn't even try to fit some parts in, they just glossed over them for a somewhat mindless adventure movie.
    my to-read shelf:
    Alix's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
    34/150
  • yes, the movie was a disappointment. not the actors IMO but the screenplay.
  • j*&p*j*&p* member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

I must be in the minority, but this was actually one of those rare cases where I liked the movie more than the book.   I really liked the concept of the book, but I just didn't get into as much as I wanted to- the movie was actually what I was hoping for when I read the book. 

image image
  • image alixzafiris:
    I didn't mind the movie - IF I completely removed it from the book. I really enjoy the series but you're right, the movie was just missing SO MUCH material that would really have elevated the movie to a whole, more Potter-esque level. It's like they didn't even try to fit some parts in, they just glossed over them for a somewhat mindless adventure movie.

This.  I loved the series and felt the movie merely borrowed the title and premise.  So much was missing/changed.  I was hoping they would do all the books, but they took out so many key plot points I don't see how they can.   But as a movie within itself, it was OK.  

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• I really liked the movie.  I've only read the first two books (maybe three?, I can't remember now), and while I didn't like the changes that they made to the story line, if I separated them in my head, I really loved the movie.  Potentially more than the book.

DH hadn't read any of the books, but he came with me to see the movie, and he loved it.  Then I started telling him about some of the MAJOR plot changes that were made between the two, and he was even more annoyed than I was.