Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Shoes for the soon-walking

So C's getting ready to take those first un-assisted steps. Up to this point, our pedi told us not to have shoes on him plus his feet are so round that I didn't have much luck finding shoes that A) I could get on his feet because he fights it by arching and curling his toes under and B) actually fit comfortably enough that he would leave them on. 

With that being said, I know there are Robeez out there, but wanted to know your recommendations were based on your experience. 

TIA! 

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
Became a family of three 8/25/09

Re: Shoes for the soon-walking

• Robeez and Pedipeds
  • We got most of Reese's first pairs of shoes at Striderite (144th & Center).  They fit her for the shoes, as she needed wider ones than I could find elsewhere.
  • I didn't like the looks of the robeez for boys (think some for girls are super cute). I love Pedipeds! C had about 5 pairs of the ones that are soft bottom & they were so easy to get on their feet. They now have a new style and I wish that they fit C, but he has big feet.

We also did/do striderite because they come in W and EW.

• DD has a pair of PediPeds and we just got her a pair of the Robeez. She as big rolly polly feet and both brands are  great. The Robeez are great because they slip right on and DD doesn't tug at them or try and get them off. 
  • Ditto Pedipeds. I lvoed them for Maren and Tom and plan on getting a pair or two for Kolbe soon.

They worked well for Tommy's fat feet until they got bigger. For a long time he was wearing a 2EW and I could only buy at Striderite.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • mini stars from Target
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image OxAMYxO:
    mini stars from Target

Ditto

• njh514njh514 member

We got Owen pedipeds at that stage. They are so flexible and soft. When we put him in a pair of etnies that his cousin got him (adorable!!) he didn't walk as well. They did NOT bed. I was super skeptical about it all but when I saw it first hand I decided to believe.

When he gets a bit older and you want a more substantial shoe go to a striderite store and have someone fit him in a great pair of shoes. I had no clue Owen needed an extra wide shoe. It was because his feet were still pretty round on top. No clue. I was so glad he was fitted because those shoes fit him for 9 months! They were darn cute but after 9 months of abuse they were showing some serious wear. ::sigh:: I miss those cute brown shoes. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We also did Target's MiniStars followed by See Kai Run.