Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

S/O - Paternity Leave

Anyone's husbands get this at work? Or take or plan to take leave when baby is/was born?

Re: S/O - Paternity Leave

• DH took 2 weeks off with both kids, but does not get paternity leave from work.
  • DH's company doesn't offer it, but he took 2 weeks off after Joey was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So DH is planning on taking 10 days (which he works weekends too) anyways he heard another co-worker talking about how a person can take the short term disability and get 100% paid. A person would be almost stupid not to take it. Right?!?! I think he is thinking only an addt'l 2 weeks. He works crazy hours and isn't home much with us anyways. So I am thinking what a great opportunity to spend time with your family.
  • Both boys were born on a Friday so we had that weekend at hospital than he took the next week off and than we had the weekend. It worked good for us. It was all unpaid as he is union and they dont get sick/vaca days paid.
    Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • Dh took off 2.5 weeks with DD#1, had to use his family sick time, but he has plenty of it.  So this time he will also be taking off 2-3 weeks!  
    MARRIED
    05-20-2006

I feel so Blessed!!!

Here comes baby #3!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt157632.aspx[/img][/url]
  • H gets 3 days paid paternity leave. I am trying to encourage him to extend it through 2 weeks though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My DH is allowed to drain all the sick days he has up to 3 months off.  He didn't take that much because he is the director, but its nice to have the option. 
  • My husband works for himself, so he just took a week off after both kids' births.  However, at work, dads are entitled to the same FMLA leave once the baby's born -- 12w unpaid after PTO is used.  We don't have many men take it, though.
    Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH took more time off with kiddo #2 (I can't remember specifically how long though). It was really nice to have him home because there was no way I coud chase after a 2 year old right afer my c/s.
  • DH is also self-employed and generally just took the rest of the week off (I think all my kids were born on Tuesdays). He went back to work the following Monday.
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • njh514njh514 member
    When Owen was born Kelly took a week off with me. We've mentioned him taking off a week with me at the beginning of our next baby and then when I go back he stays home for another week or 2 after I go back to work. That way, if needed, he could come get pumped milk in the middle of the day and do stuff to help me out with nursing that way. We've got some time for that though. Just something we discussed a while back.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My husband is taking 2 weeks off right now with me and then will take the 7th week off (the week I return to work).