Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ManhattanBride

Oh my gracious. PLEASE tell me about the rest of the nutty roommate story, including whether or not she's currently wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Re: ManhattanBride

• LOL Mrs.

Welcome to my soap opera from yesteryear.  So about 2.5 years ago I moved from one apartment to the next. I was a messy situation with my landlord so I needed to get out fast.  I did not know anyone who needed a roommate and was looking for a deal. I was paying 950 for my share so in looking at apartments I did not want to spend more than that. I went to over 50 apartments. How this girl woundup in my life is wild. So I e mail her with interest, she is in a great area of the city and it seemed like we had alot in common. I invited her to grab coffee before asking to see the apartment to see if we got along and was friendly and sweet at one point I even met her old, current roommate we also had alot in common.

Then things got wierd. I got home oneday and she was on my laptop, She said she just needed to look something up quick and hers was not charged.

She started getting jealous of my friends, I was not in the industry but I have alot of successful broadway actors and because she was an out of work actor though I should introduce her to them. when I would be out with them or at an event she started calling me a few times and be like so how are you? hoping I think for an invite, I dont know.

I stopped getting a few bills in the mail and i thought there was just a mixup with the new addresses. It turned out she took all of my invitations, and bills. She opened a platnum amex with in 10 days of her getting in $75,000 was charged.  Amex called and said this is not like you do you need help with a fraud investigation. Obviously I said yes with no thoughts. I went home and said wow you have a lot of nice new clothes. I went out to the store came back and the fire truck were there putting the fire in the living room out.

Her parents begged me not to press charges because of her emotional conditions... Right. I left that part of the city and never looked back. I left whatever to the prosecutor and to this day do not know exactly where she is or what happened.

• whoa...crazy story!
  • image manhattanbride212:

She opened a platnum amex with in 10 days of her getting in $75,000 was charged.  Amex called and said this is not like you do you need help with a fraud investigation. Obviously I said yes with no thoughts. I went home and said wow you have a lot of nice new clothes. I went out to the store came back and the fire truck were there putting the fire in the living room out.

Indifferent Zip it! Angry

Shut. Up.!!!

No way. So was the fire an attempt to conceal the purchases? Did she try to burn the "evidence" or was she going out in a blaze of glory a la "Let's burn this MF$%^ down!!" ???

omg, what a soap opera storyline! You should seriously send it in to General Hospital or something!

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• wow.

LMAO Kat:

Did she try to burn the "evidence" or was she going out in a blaze of glory a la "Let's burn this MF$%^ down!!" ???

• image BAMFMrsB:
    image manhattanbride212:

She opened a platnum amex with in 10 days of her getting in $75,000 was charged.  Amex called and said this is not like you do you need help with a fraud investigation. Obviously I said yes with no thoughts. I went home and said wow you have a lot of nice new clothes. I went out to the store came back and the fire truck were there putting the fire in the living room out.

No way. So was the fire an attempt to conceal the purchases? Did she try to burn the "evidence" or was she going out in a blaze of glory a la "Let's burn this MF$%^ down!!" ???

you lived with left-eye from TLC?!

• Whoa.  I just don't even know what to say to all of that.  Wow, just wow!
  • image askmetostay:
    image BAMFMrsB:
    image manhattanbride212:

BWAHAHA! Wasn't that Andre Rison's shoes on the bathtub or something like that?

Wow, just wow with the roommate. 

• image askmetostay:
    image BAMFMrsB:
    image manhattanbride212:

Nah, Left-eye started the fire in the tub. Wink
  • I'm a writer.  We should talk!  That story could make you lots of money! haha!  that's just too crazy!
  • The fire part was to scare me. I told her the only fear I had was fire. I have never lit a match never the less a candle- thats a story for another time. So she did what was my biggest fear. a big fire. what she did not think about was that we lived above a bar, and the building owners and another family lived up stairs. Bars= Alcohol= bigger fire. Because the other people were home I think she should have been charged with attempted murder, but no just unlawful distruction of property and criminal mischef.
  • image manhattanbride212:
    The fire part was to scare me. I told her the only fear I had was fire. I have never lit a match never the less a candle- thats a story for another time. So she did what was my biggest fear. a big fire. what she did not think about was that we lived above a bar, and the building owners and another family lived up stairs. Bars= Alcohol= bigger fire. Because the other people were home I think she should have been charged with attempted murder, but no just unlawful distruction of property and criminal mischef.

if it makes you feel better, GA doesn't have attempted murder, only aggrevated assault and murder.

• This all happened in NYC
  • What?! You don't even know if she was arrested?

Great story, though, well worth it.

ETA: I understand wanting to leave all of that behind you, though. That girl is a hot mess.

• She did....  at least brought to the police station, but I went home to my parents house stayed till my ins check came and moved back out. I never saw or spoke to her again
  • Wow.....  I have heard some crazy stories about roommates but this one wins!