October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tired Thursday.

For me it is, anyway.  I'm exhausted.  I was up late (again!) studying.  I finally fall asleep only to be awoken by H when he finally gets home from work at midnight.  I couldn't fall back asleep until well after 12:30am.  I am so not up for working all day, then spending 3 & 1/2 hours in class.  I have a mound of work I need to do plus manage to study for my test tonight and get ready for our group presentation.  *Sigh*

How's everyone else's day shaping up so far?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Tired Thursday.

• For me, it's a little early to tell.  Right now, I feel good--well rested and I delivered the finished vest my coworker commissioned me to make her this morning--which means money for a fall line of Etsy things, woo!

But I know once the boss gets back from Court, he's going to be very frazzled today and the rest of the day will be rather trying.

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • Definitely tired for me. I've got some sort of sinus thing going on...

But grandpa pulled through his surgery like a champ. They just gave him an epidural so that he didn't have to be put under... I think he's at a higher risk because of his parkinson's... They put in a rod and two hinges, so right now, he just has to heal and then go over to the nursing facility, where hopefully they can teach him how to walk around again. It's definitely good news, but I can't help but be sad. I feel like this broken hip puts him in a new category for the elderly, you know? 

• dvshaw - SOO glad to hear that your gpa pulled through surgery.  Its difficult watching someone you love go through things like this.  I will keep you all in my t&p's for a speedy recovery.  Maybe he will run circles around everyone when its all said and done.  Wink
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Dana I'm SO glad your GP did ok!  I hope he had a speedy recovery. And that your sinus crap clears up and you feel better.

I am exhausted.....  My party animal of a dog woke me up at 3am and 5am.  She wanted to play!  She gets really excited when DH is home and she can't sleep....  Dang dog... 

• Yay for your grandpa, Dana!  Continued T's and P's for recovery.

I'm not sure "tired" is the word for me.  Can it be an "Unmotivated Thursday" for me instead? 

• dvshaw- glad to hear grandpa's surgery went well!  Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I feel good today.  I cleaned out the filing cabinet last night to help prepare for moving and got 8 hours of sleep.  Crossing my fingers that the work day goes by quickly!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • dvshaw- glad to hear your grandfather's surgery went well! Wishing him a full and very speedy recovery.

I'm feeling pretty good today- well rested too (or it could be the coffee) and motivated. I also got in pretty early, so hopefully I can leave a bit early. And it's one day closer to the weekend!!

• dvshaw - happy to hear the surgery went well.  It's so hard to watch grandparents grow older. 

I am definitely tired today.  If any of you saw the Garlic Festival on the, I was there helping in the parking lot all weekend (LONG days).  That got the week off to a tired start.  There's been alot going on with building up teaching this week which is great but it's just been long days adding to the tiredness each day.  I have nothing going on tomorrow night and nothing Saturday after 12ish unless we decide to go to sushi with some friends and I am SO thankful for that.

• dvshaw-Yay for grandpa! I'm glad everything went well with his surgury. When my aunt broke her hip a few years ago everyone pretty much wrote her off but she's the stongest woman I know and she pulled through and walked around again like nothing happened. I hope for the same for your grandpa!

I am still on Holidays until Saturday so I am relishing in that right now. But i've been doing laundry and just had to get groceries so it's not nessicarily a fun relish. The Mr has plans to go out tonight and play what I have been jokingly calling "Cowboys and Indians." It works since it involves pellet guns and the Mr is First Nations LOL. I am also trying not to melt. It's super hot and humid here today.

Photobucket
  • Definitely tired here. More like exhausted Thursday. Have to get a client's wedding invites finished before tomorrow and it seems they're fighting me every step of the way. I just want ONE thing to go right! And the whole time I have my grandpa in the back of my mind. I was so relieved when my mom told me they released him from the hospital yesterday. Then he wasn't home for even an hour and started acting really strange. We think he might have had a stroke so... back to the ER. He's been admitted again and they're running all sorts of tests- so far all negative so we don't know what's wrong. Sigh.
  • Dana- glad to hear your grandpa is doing well! T&P for a speedy recovery.

Jlk- so sorry to hear about your grandpa. T&P to you and your family that they can figure out what is going on.

I'm definitely tired. I came in an hour early, DH and I were bickering all morning (he is so darn slow in the morning and it makes me late for work!), and I came in an hour early today so I can leave early to go to yoga. I'm REALLY glad Congress is recessing next week so I am on a reduced schedule for the next 6 weeks and won't have to come in early on Thursdays anymore.

I guess the awesome thing is that I have yoga tonight. Liam loves it and it calms him down for a bit. My tummy is starting to hurt from all of his activity! They have a baby yoga class, I think I might have to take him if he is as active once he is born as he is now.

• image juangela:

I guess the awesome thing is that I have yoga tonight. Liam loves it and it calms him down for a bit. My tummy is starting to hurt from all of his activity! They have a baby yoga class, I think I might have to take him if he is as active once he is born as he is now.

I hear you on this.  Our baby girl wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes with her kicking.  I guess she is just preparing me for when she is out of the womb. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers