Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTB cheap jeans?

I've finally gotten to the point where I need new clothes. The stuff I had boxed away and can fit into now are so old that I need some new duds. Problem is, I stay in shirts a lot longer (bigger on top), but I'm in a smaller size of jeans every 2-3 months, so I really don't want to pay more than ~$25 ($30 max)/pair. I wear jeans every single day, so I need several pairs. I currently have 2 that fit and have been wearing way-too-big jeans because I refuse to do that much laundry, lol. I wear stretch bootcut, and I can't wear them more than one day or they are too baggy.

I really like Lane Bryant's Right Fit jeans, and they just brought back the ones I like, but none are in the size I need and are usually more than I want to pay. I tried eBay too with no luck. It doesn't help matters that I am average height, but need petite lengths most of the time. Finding plus petite is a PITA!

What stores do I need to hit? I haven't bought jeans anywhere other than LB in probably 10 yrs! I've heard I need to check Old Navy and TJ Maxx. I'll check Target and JCP too, and as a last resort, Wal-Mart (hey, don't judge! I need cheap, not necessarily made-to-last jeans!). Any other suggestions?

Re: WTB cheap jeans?

• I would definitely try Old Navy. My H has several pairs of jeans from there and they were $29.50. They are decent jeans for the price - they don't look cheap and they've held up pretty well.
  • To me, paying the extra for Gap jeans over Old Navy jeans is worth it. They fit/feel better. They have sales all the time.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • my vote is for old navy. you should be able to get "short" jeans for around $25

• I get most of my plus jeans at Tjmaxx and Marshalls. Sometimes I might have to hit a couple to get good ones but it's worth it for the price. They frequently have a brand called Jeanstar which makes your booty yummy! IDK how you feel about used, but i saw the last time I was there that the Goodwill on hwy92 has separate plus sized racks now. I got a couple of nicer pretty much new pairs of slacks about a month ago.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NY&Co. Their jeans are the strechy kind and their sizes actually run a bit larger. You can almost ALWAYS get a coupon before you go there and they have sales all the time.
  • i agree on the Gap jeans and express sends out coupons and i think the quality of their denim is decent.

I've heard good things about american eagle jeans as well and i've seen them on sale for 19.99 before! also try target!

• If you want to buy online, try:

http://www.alight.com/cat-0040-jeans-under25.html

If you want to buy in person, try Sears and JC Penny. Both have house brand clothing that is pretty inexpensive. How about Target? Target.com had some for about $30. I know they carry some Plus size in store. Don't forget Kohls! They are always running sales. I think they carry Lees and Levis and maybe a house brand. 

• my thoughts were:

Old Navy, GAP (will last longer than the ON ones - sign up for their emails. I get like 5 a week with discounts), TJMaxx/Marshalls, Sears (they may have Lands End ones there too), Kohls, Steinmart, & Target.

HTH!

Meet Beyonce Jr.

Call me Kat =^..^= Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I see a shopping trip in my future!

Given that I'm in & out of them in 2-3 months time, I'm not too concerned with quality - mostly price, especially since I'll need to buy MORE when the ones I just bought get too big. Each pair would likely only be worn <25 times (if I have 4 pairs). See what I mean? I'm now down 3 jean sizes from where I was in Feb. I thought about getting alterations, but so far everything's been old/worn out from previous use and I didn't care to keep wearing them.

Gap is out though, no plus sizes. I'll keep it in mind a few more sizes down the road...

• I would definitely try Kohls.  They always have great sales and if you have a kohls credit card you will forever get really good coupons. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Aerorea:

I'm now down 3 jean sizes from where I was in Feb. I thought about getting alterations, but so far everything's been old/worn out from previous use and I didn't care to keep wearing them.

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!

• image Sadlebred:
    image Aerorea:

I'm now down 3 jean sizes from where I was in Feb. I thought about getting alterations, but so far everything's been old/worn out from previous use and I didn't care to keep wearing them.

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks. :) I'm now around the same size I was when I first started dating DH 6.5 yrs ago. Unfortunately, I'm apparently losing more from my lower half than upper half, so I haven't budged much on top. Don't get me wrong, everything that I was wearing in Feb are all too big, but I can't yet wear all the tops I was wearing in 2004. Soon - but not yet. I'm somewhere in between, so I wear a lot of tops that are too big. :(

• I went to NY&C over lunch... I have a small addiction to that store... lol. They have jeans buy one get one 75% off now.
  • image Aerorea:
    image Sadlebred:
    image Aerorea:

THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks. :) I'm now around the same size I was when I first started dating DH 6.5 yrs ago. Unfortunately, I'm apparently losing more from my lower half than upper half, so I haven't budged much on top. Don't get me wrong, everything that I was wearing in Feb are all too big, but I can't yet wear all the tops I was wearing in 2004. Soon - but not yet. I'm somewhere in between, so I wear a lot of tops that are too big. :(

i know it's a pain to constantly change sizes but this is SO awesome! you are doing so well and look great! also i wanted to add that i think your problem is a good one (losing more weight on bottom than on top). a lot of people complain that they lose it all in their chest first.

• Thanks! I have such a long, long, way to go. Much to DH's happiness, I've only gone down in the band size up top. My size has gone down all the way around, but my gut is still my biggest issue. I know it'll take time. I'm working on it!