October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kristina

When your corgi lays down on her (his?) stomach... does she curl her back legs under her, or have both of them sticking straight backward (as so:)

Re: Kristina

• LOL....just like in the picture, both sticking straight out....

We have an oversized chair with an ottoman and she lays on the ottoman.  Well everytime she gets down she steps down with her front legs and then just stands there and leave her back legs sticking out on the otoman...cracks me up everytime! Big Smile  Anytime she lays on the floor etc her legs are straight out.  I LOVE corgis!

• imageCipolla2Be:

LOL....just like in the picture, both sticking straight out....

We have an oversized chair with an ottoman and she lays on the ottoman.  Well everytime she gets down she steps down with her front legs and then just stands there and leave her back legs sticking out on the otoman...cracks me up everytime! Big Smile  Anytime she lays on the floor etc her legs are straight out.  I LOVE corgis!

Word on the street is that dearest Pugsly has some corgi in her.  One of Pugsly's trademark characteristics is the laying down the legs behind her... I'm wondering if it's a corgi thing!  I'm not sure beagles/pugs do that.

AND, she does the ottoman thing when she gets out of her bed.  It's how she stretches. 

• It's the cutest thing ever! 
  • Not discounting the Pugsly could have some corgi in her, but I've seen a number of stout doggies lie like that.  My sister has a PBGV and my coworker has a Keishund who both like in superman pose.  No matter how many times I see it, I can't get over how utterly adorable it is!
    Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • My lab/golden mix does it every now and again too.  I've always been told it was a sign of good hips.
  • imageReinedumonde:
    Not discounting the Pugsly could have some corgi in her, but I've seen a number of stout doggies lie like that.  My sister has a PBGV and my coworker has a Keishund who both like in superman pose.  No matter how many times I see it, I can't get over how utterly adorable it is!

Really? maybe I just haven't been around dogs much before Pugsly, but it's the first time I've seen it!  Very amusing! 

(DH likes to lay down near her when she's "supermanning" and tickle her back feet.  He's a wierdo, but it's funny watching her twitch and glare at DH).

Reine... speaking of you and dogs... I may be hitting you up to make me doggy knit leg warmers.  There's a halloween event at the Chicago Botanical gardens that involves a doggie costume parade, and DH and I are going to theme the costumes around 80's Workout Clothes (polyester jogging suits, leg warmers, head sweat bands, short shorts, etc).  Think you're up for the challenge?  I'll bet doggie leg warmers aren't in your portfolio! Stick out tongue

• imageKaren2905:

Really? maybe I just haven't been around dogs much before Pugsly, but it's the first time I've seen it!  Very amusing! 

(DH likes to lay down near her when she's "supermanning" and tickle her back feet.  He's a wierdo, but it's funny watching her twitch and glare at DH).

Reine... speaking of you and dogs... I may be hitting you up to make me doggy knit leg warmers.  There's a halloween event at the Chicago Botanical gardens that involves a doggie costume parade, and DH and I are going to theme the costumes around 80's Workout Clothes (polyester jogging suits, leg warmers, head sweat bands, short shorts, etc).  Think you're up for the challenge?  I'll bet doggie leg warmers aren't in your portfolio! Stick out tongue

Yup!  Bandit and Sandy are little cuties.

I think I can handle leg warmers.  You'll have to give me some measurements and color/material preferences.  Would you want them kind of slouchy?

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • imageReinedumonde:
    imageKaren2905:

Yup!  Bandit and Sandy are little cuties.

I think I can handle leg warmers.  You'll have to give me some measurements and color/material preferences.  Would you want them kind of slouchy?

I'll contact you when we get her little jacket with colors, measurements, etc.  I'll get back to you! 

• imageKaren2905:

I'll contact you when we get her little jacket with colors, measurements, etc.  I'll get back to you! 

Sounds good to me!

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • My goldendoodle lays like that too. Pretty much the only way he lays. I think it's a golden retriever trait too.
  • Sorry to but in, but I have a non-corgi and he does the same thing with his back legs.  Not every time he lays down, but I notice it a lot.  Especially when he scoots under our bed.  Usually his tail and his two feet (like in your picture) are sticking out of the side of the bed. :)
    Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!