Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How long did it take you....

to write all your thank you notes post wedding?? Its been three months and I havn't sent them yet. Am I a horrible bride? Some one make me feel better.

Re: How long did it take you....

• Sorry, can't help you out here. We had a small wedding and didn't take a honeymoon. I had 5 days before I had to go back to school and then the craziness would really start, so I wrote them all within those 5 days and mailed them. Because we had a small wedding I only had 45 or so to write.
  • It's been 2 months since mine and we are just starting to write thank yous now.
  • I did mine within 2 weeks. I feel it's important to send them out ASAP to show you are really grateful for their gift. But that's just me. I would start to think someone isn't planning on sending one if I didn't receive it within 3 months
  • it will be three months on the 8th... goal is to get them all out this week.
  • I don't buy into the "you have one year to send a thank you note." You should send them as soon as possible. Mine were all out within 2 weeks after the wedding.
  • image champagnedreams:
    I did mine within 2 weeks. I feel it's important to send them out ASAP to show you are really grateful for their gift. But that's just me. I would start to think someone isn't planning on sending one if I didn't receive it within 3 months

I fully agree, sorry.

• We had a 180 person wedding, and most gave us checks.  We deposited the checks immediately because we really needed the cash for our move, so I made it a priority to get the thanks yous out quickly.  I sent the ones who gave us checks first (probably within the week we got back from our honeymoon), then the rest went out before our 1 mo anniversary.  My family/friends were pretty shocked though, saying that most brides wait about 4-5 months before getting them all out so I think you're still good.  I've just always felt that a thank you should be sent before cashing a check, so I felt badly about cashing the checks first.
  • ITA about the one year thing... I would have forgotten I had even sent a gift after a whole year. I have been a total slacker but I've put a dent into them so far this afternoon.
  • It took me probably just a couple weeks. Like pp, I am a firm believer that they need to go out immediately. I don't believe in the whole year non sense.

I went to BIL and SIL's bridal shower in March, a wedding on the same day and a wedding less than a month later. I received thank you notes for both weddings and still nothing from BIL and SIL. That REALLY peeves me to no end because now SIL is prego -- yep honeymoon baby (or before), so not only did I go to her bridal shower and wedding in one year, I now have to go to her baby shower this year as well.

::off my soap box:: 

:)

• I went to BIL and SIL's wedding on May 1 and haven't received a thank you yet and am getting peeved because I know she doesn't work. IMO, you can't complain about guests not sending back RSVP's in a timely manner if you don't send thank you's in a timely manner. I think the year thing is complete crap. 
  • image Sadlebred:
    I don't buy into the "you have one year to send a thank you note." You should send them as soon as possible. Mine were all out within 2 weeks after the wedding.

This!!!