June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hello, lovelies!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was doing the orientation thing at my new job. The shirtdress was perfect btw. :) 

What's everyone up to? I only have so many Nesting weekdays ahead of me, so get your fill. LOL  

image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: Hello, lovelies!

• How did it go?
    We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It was fine. Did HR paperwork, got photo taken for my ID badge, met with IT Manager, met with Accounting, then two people from my department took me out to lunch (on the company). Followed up with HR again about benefits and then went home. :) 

It's going to be so weird to go back to corporate life! I'll probably only be able to nest from 12-1 when they lift the internet filters. Boo.  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Cool. Sounds like an easy but boring day (minus the lunch).  I thought maybe it was going to be a more work-centered orientation. Always good to get the paperwork out of the way, though!
    My 101
  • Ha, yeah pretty easy. They normally don't do orientation like that but between my department manager's vacation AND HR's vacation it had to be worked around. 

Any word on your interview?  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • No, ma'am. This is the second week of "we'd like to make a decision within two weeks," so I figure next week or the week after they'll get around to it. ;)
    My 101
  • Glad your orientation went well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Glad to hear it went well!

I've been a little MIA myself lately. I had yesterday off from work so I am playing catch up today.  I have so much housework to catch up on at home so I haven't even turned on the computer except to pull addresses for thank you notes.  Amelia is growing so big and is able to stay awake to play more so that has been my afternoons. 

• Leigha - still sending job dust your way! 

kaley - thanks!

lucky - yay for growing Amelia!! How many pounds is she up to now?  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Hi Mamie!!! I was thinking about you yesterday while I was at work. Sorry it was a little boring (then again, maybe that's my interpretation...I HATE filling out paper work. How has the entire world not gone to a computerized instant-input system, I ask you?).

I'm still waiting to hear on my interview (the second one; I'm guessing the first one was a no-go since they said they'd be doing second interviews last week/this week and I never heard from them...). I decided that if I don't get this job I'm waiting to hear on, I'm pulling myself out of the job search for Fall Semester again. I've got a part-time job at the University and I'm currently enrolled in two classes while finishing my thesis, so there are things to keep me busy/keep money coming in until January at least.  

Photobucket
  • image mamie329:

lucky - yay for growing Amelia!! How many pounds is she up to now?  

She was 8lbs 12oz as of last Mon.  I have no doubt she is over the 9lb. mark.  She has rolls and chub and a double chin!  I love it!  And she even has a few newborn outfits that are getting small. Party!!!

• Glad to hear it went so well yesterday. I'm just in & out today, playing with Ayden when he's awake & computer time when he naps.

When is your first day at the new job?

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt10a803.aspx[/img]

Our journey to Baby #2
    3/17/11-BFP; 4/4/11-natural m/c-7w1d;

9/16/11 BFP

[img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttade0f.aspx[/img]
  • I'm so happy Amelia's getting chubby and rolls!

mb - First day is Monday! At least orientation was a good little intro for transitioning.  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12