October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I know it's early but...

...what are you making for dinner tonight?  I need ideas.  I haven't cooked in 2 weeks because of the house renovations and I really want to have a "normal" evening tonight with a home cooked meal.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I know it's early but...

• Leftover Mexican Goulash (from the FB cookbook).
  • I'm glad you posted this, Nicole!  I have chicken thawed, but not a clue what to do with it...
  • It's been so hot here (well, hot for us...), we've been mostly doing salads with cold chicken and stuff. Either that or we grill so we don't get the house too hot.
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We're doing chicken too but not sure what yet.  And pan roasted brussel sprouts I got at the farmer's market.  yum!
  • I am making a grilled chicken sandwich for me and grilled fish sandwich for DH.  
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We're making pasta salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, quorn, and asparagus.  We normally make it with broccoli but wanted a change.  The dressing is olive oil, lemon juice, and secret spices (heh).
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • We're having blackened Cajun-spiced flounder, and "dirty" rice on the side. I'm using this recipe, but probably with significantly fewer ingredients, lol.
  • imagemunkii:
    We're making pasta salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, quorn, and asparagus.  We normally make it with broccoli but wanted a change.  The dressing is olive oil, lemon juice, and secret spices (heh).

What "secret spices" are we talkin' 'bout?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I took some hamsteaks out to defrost...I guess I'm going to brown them in a frying pan, and maybe do some mac and cheese and broccoli on the side.

I've been feeling so uninspired lately!

• Okay, I've got our dinner figured out .... cheesy baked pasta with artichokes and spinach and a parmesan crusted chicken...yummmm
  • imagenicoleabrock:

imagemunkii:
    We're making pasta salad with feta, cherry tomatoes, quorn, and asparagus.  We normally make it with broccoli but wanted a change.  The dressing is olive oil, lemon juice, and secret spices (heh).

What "secret spices" are we talkin' 'bout?

Yeah, not so secret.  Oregano, black pepper, salt, parsley, basil, rosemary, and thyme.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • image*MrsMuffin*:
    Okay, I've got our dinner figured out .... cheesy baked pasta with artichokes and spinach and a parmesan crusted chicken...yummmm

They both sound amazing! Do you have links to recipes for them?

• imageamyngreg:

image*MrsMuffin*:
    Okay, I've got our dinner figured out .... cheesy baked pasta with artichokes and spinach and a parmesan crusted chicken...yummmm

They both sound amazing! Do you have links to recipes for them?

The chicken is just something I throw together.  In a bowl, I mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese (just the kind you put on spaghetti), and usually some basil and garlic salt.  I dip the chicken breasts in eggs, then into the dry mix.  With a little EVOO in a frying pan, cook the chicken up until it's a nice golden brown.  It's really good on a Caesar Salad, too!

Here's the link to the pasta dish: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cheesy-baked-pasta-spinach-artichoke-00000000031335/index.html    (Sometimes for this, I'll also add diced tomatoes for some extra flavor and color)