Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*sigh*

I see the girl who posted this morning about how her fiance makes her attend all family events and then does nothing when his mother is horribly rude to her deleted. I guess she didn't want to hear that she had a fi problem and that this needs to be fixed before the wedding.

I suppose we'll see her back on here in a few months.

Re: *sigh*

• Of course she'll be back.  She'll be saying that she saw signs before the wedding but thought things would change once they were married.  That she thinks about leaving, but their in LOOOOVVVEEE Big Smile
  • She must have one of those magical wedding rings for her FI, that's why she didn't need advice.
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/213pzit.jpg[/IMG]
    Elizabeth 3yrs old Jane 1yr old
  • imageKateLouise:
    She must have one of those magical wedding rings for her FI, that's why she didn't need advice.

I got mine out of the Cracker Jack box. 

Kryssie Speaks

Last updated 4/06/11

image Snortlemonster: Amaretto's siggy says: I'M A BLOGGER, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO FORCE-FEED IT TO YOU. And I have a secret life. And a sense of humor. And I am in charge. Sort of.
  • You know, sometimes people just aren't ready for the advice we have to share. They ask, and when they don't hear what they hope to/wanted to, they disappear. It happens in real life, too. It's a shame, but all we can do is share our thoughts and opinions - if they take them or not, well, it's up to them. After all, calling off a wedding or delaying it 'cause some internet people told you to - that's a big deal.
  • imageJoEsther:
    After all, calling off a wedding or delaying it 'cause some internet people told you to - that's a big deal.
    It is a big deal. I just think it's an even bigger deal to stick your head in the sand and think 1) marriage will change things and/or 2) your darling fi is also just a victim in all this and that he has no power to change the situation.
  • imagecasmgn:
    imageJoEsther:
    After all, calling off a wedding or delaying it 'cause some internet people told you to - that's a big deal.
    It is a big deal. I just think it's an even bigger deal to stick your head in the sand and think 1) marriage will change things and/or 2) your darling fi is also just a victim in all this and that he has no power to change the situation.
    Right and yes, I agree with that.

But see, I married the wrong guy for all kinds of "wrong" reasons years ago (I was 25; 42 now) and I know that honestly, I wouldn't have listened to anyone. I went through my own short-lived marriage, got my divorce, and then years later met DH and married him. I was able to take my lessons from my experiences and apply them to my life, and I know that no one else, particularly not an online group filled with strangers!, could have made me change my mind.

I get where these young girls are coming from. They've been told that marriage is the goal - maybe not in so many words, but society/family/religion/the media/etc has taught them that - and they don't want to fail. They think they can get on here and get a "quick fix" but when they hear that they need to make huge changes/delay the wedding/call it off, it scares them. So they back away, pretend it's all roses and rainbows, and keep on going. And then they come back with issues months/years/decades later.