October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

House Envy

This is a totally random post but I drove by a house on my home from the library today and saw it was for sale. It looked like a nice house and it was in the neighborhood we are in so out of curiosity I looked it up. I totally regret it. We are not in the market to buy a house right now and I LOVE this house. I wish we could at least put an offer in but we are not even close to looking into buying. Ugh I wish I would have forgot about it because now I am bummed lol. I know when we do go buy a house I will find another I love. But I have been looking for awhile now, just to look, and this is the first one I was really into. Boooo

Re: House Envy

• I hear you loud and clear.  We're just putting this place on the market next week, and it won't be an easy sell.  It's taking all my will to not stalk realestate.com because I know I'll fall in love with something that won't be on the market when this place sells.
  • Any interest in Lombard Karen?  My sister will be listing her house in August sometime.  Aside for about 2 interior walls in the house, everything has been updated!  :)  New windows, insulation, doors, roof, siding, appliances, updated bathrooms, etc.  Teehee!
  • image wittyschaffy:
    Any interest in Lombard Karen?  My sister will be listing her house in August sometime.  Aside for about 2 interior walls in the house, everything has been updated!  :)  New windows, insulation, doors, roof, siding, appliances, updated bathrooms, etc.  Teehee!

Sounds great, Witty!  We love Lombard!  But the timing probably isn't going to work out. When I say that our place is going to be a hard sale, I mean it's going to be a really hard sale.  Aside from it being a one bedroom condo (which few people want), the other condos in our building are literally selling for half of what we're asking because they're foreclosures or are just absolute junk.  Our condo is newly renovated, but it's not going to make a difference if the appraisal doesn't go through.   In any case, we're settling in for the long haul because really.. it's our only option.  :(  I'm betting I won't be in a regular house for at least a year and a half.

• I totally know what you mean. We've been in our house for just over a year, and I'm already itching to move on. And the prices in our neighborhood are falling like crazy...
  • image Karen2905:

Sounds great, Witty!  We love Lombard!  But the timing probably isn't going to work out. When I say that our place is going to be a hard sale, I mean it's going to be a really hard sale.  Aside from it being a one bedroom condo (which few people want), the other condos in our building are literally selling for half of what we're asking because they're foreclosures or are just absolute junk.  Our condo is newly renovated, but it's not going to make a difference if the appraisal doesn't go through.   In any case, we're settling in for the long haul because really.. it's our only option.  :(  I'm betting I won't be in a regular house for at least a year and a half.

Any way you could rent your condo out for close to what you'd be paying in payments?  A friend of mine just did that.  Although... they're renting the house they live in now... so that might not help if you're wanting to buy a house.

• image Milliechel67:

Any way you could rent your condo out for close to what you'd be paying in payments?  A friend of mine just did that.  Although... they're renting the house they live in now... so that might not help if you're wanting to buy a house.

No way we could rent it.  No one would pay the amount of rent we would need to cover our mortgage/association costs.   And we wouldn't be able to afford the place during the times no one was living there.

• Houses suck, but then, well, don't listen to me. I'm just and annoyed buyer waiting on my Short Sale....