Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ack! My kid cut her hair!

I'm sure this is an inevitable parenting experience, but I guess I was blissfully in denial that my kid wouldn't do such a thing.  Doh!  It's not so bad.  She cut about an inch off where bangs would be.  She hadn't even had her first official hair cut.  Oh well!

ETA:  This occurred while I was reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.  Go figure.  There's something about reading The Twilight Saga and neglecting your kids!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ack! My kid cut her hair!

• I think it's like a parenting right of passage. 

When I was a kid I didn't cut my hair, I cut my sister's. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did this more times than I can count.  Some of them I was old enough to know better.  
  • I didn't try doing my own until I was 10.  By then I thought I was truly old enough to know how do it right and wasn't just chopping in chunks like the little ones do.  But by the time my bangs were even they were about one inch long. It was the day before Easter.
  • I cut my cabbage patch kids hair instead of mine.  They were all basically bald. Embarrassed

• I love your kid. She's like a preparatory course for what I can expect from mine in the next few years! I'm sure she's still as cute as ever :)
    **POOF**
    No more baby siggie pics. Boo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't think I, or my sisters ever cut our hair.  Maybe it won't hit this generation either?

Oh, who am I kidding, my kid doesn't have enough hair to cut.

[IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • Oh boy!  At least she didn't wait until picture day in kindergarten Angel  I had never had my hair cut so it was down my back, I put it in a ponytail the morning of pictures before my mom was up and brought it around to my face and chopped it off.  Oopsies!
  • It happens. I learned the lesson from a friend of mine whose little twin girls gave each other a hair cut.  She posted the pics on FB and as a result I keep all scissors way up high out of reach, including all kiddie craft scissors. The only scissors my kids have access to are the ones that goes with Play Doh kits and can only cut Play Doh. They won't even cut paper.  My kids are only allowed to use them with permission and supervision, yet I've had to take my DD to get a hole in her hair repaired before.  She managed to get her hair tightly wrapped around a wheel of a r/c car and I had to cut her out of it. It left a hole in her hair, which the stylist cheerfully pointed out as she trimmed DD's hair. Yup, that's why we're here, now please don't make me explain why my child has a hole there with 6" missing. Please just fix it.  I was fighting back tears as I cut her beautiful curls out of the r/c car.  I couldn't even yank the hair out of the wheels after I cut it. I made DH do it.
  • At least she only cut an inch off.  Lucy cut off a pile of hair, most of it was like 6 inches long...  She pretty much gave herself a mullet, it was awful!  She had hair to her butt and now she has a pixie cut that we are trying to grow out. 

Put the scissors up high, unfortunately doing it once doesn't mean they won't ever do it again.  After Lucy cut her hair she proceeded to cut a bow off her dress two days later with my FIL sitting right next to her.  Then a week later she cut her dolls hair when I was right.there. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10