Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bday party question

If your kid(s) were invited to a party at a skating rink from 6-8 pm and picked up at 5 for the party, would you feed them a full dinner or expect them to eat something there?

PHOTOS REMOVED

Re: Bday party question

• I'd feed them a small snack beforehand just in case... 5 is so iffy, it's right on the cusp of dinnertime.
    Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • I would expect them to be fed at the party.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would expect them to be fed at the party, but I think it is okay to ask the parent if you should feed them.
    [IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • I guess I'm not totally off like XH said.

The boys' step-sister A's bday party was tonight and their SM had emailed me to see if they could attend since it's their week with us. I agreed an she said she'd pick them up at 5 an drop them off at 8:30 or so.

XH called around 6 saying they were hungry and asked why they didn't eat beforehand. They had a late snack after we went to Dinosaur Ridge. All of the other skating parties at this rink served pizza so I figured they'd eat. XH thought that was just crazy.

So, they dropped off 3 starving boys to me just before 9 pm. Gee thanks.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• I would expect them to be fed there, but just in case, I'd feed them something before hand or at least give them money to buy something to eat while there.
  • For that time range I'd expect they'd eat at the party.  And considering it was their DAD they were with, WhyTF couldn't he just feed his own hungry children?  Seriously, I want to b!tch slap the fool for that one.
  • image goldenjes:
    I guess I'm not totally off like XH said.

The boys' step-sister A's bday party was tonight and their SM had emailed me to see if they could attend since it's their week with us. I agreed an she said she'd pick them up at 5 an drop them off at 8:30 or so.

XH called around 6 saying they were hungry and asked why they didn't eat beforehand. They had a late snack after we went to Dinosaur Ridge. All of the other skating parties at this rink served pizza so I figured they'd eat. XH thought that was just crazy.

So, they dropped off 3 starving boys to me just before 9 pm. Gee thanks.

He is such an a$$hat, Jess.  I don't know how you deal with him.

I Need Coffee!!!

noah.zach.cole

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20120630/e/we+move+back+to+Florida/dt/-2/k/cf6b/event.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image lilcyndiluwho:
    For that time range I'd expect they'd eat at the party.  And considering it was their DAD they were with, WhyTF couldn't he just feed his own hungry children?  Seriously, I want to b!tch slap the fool for that one.

This, exactly.  Perhaps Jes can show us where to form a line.