Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

P90X

Hey guys I have a question for those that have done P90X. I'm 5'3" and about 112 lbs. Yes I know, small but I want to tone up. I don't want to get scary big with muscles. lol Should I do the P90X Lean schedule or stick with the P90X Classic schedule? Also, what size dumbbells did you use?

Re: P90X

• I'm 5'0 and 98lbs, I did the classic.  Women can only get so muscular.  I did get really toned.

I have adjustable dumbells but depending on the exerice would use anywhere from 5lbs to 20lbs. 

• Go for the classic.  It's a great work out and the cardio and weights combined will really get you toned.  You won't bulk up immensely!
  • Ditto. I'm 5'5", 113 and I am doing classic as well. I am in pretty good cardio shape and regularly do weight training, but have definitely seen definition in areas that I haven't before. While I definitely haven't bulked up, some of my muscles (especially my shoulders/upper arms) are a lot more defined.

If you want to integrate the "lean" part and burn extra calories, just add in a little extra cardio on some of the weight days - the best way to get lean is to add muscle! 

I've been using 5-10 lb. weights for most everything, and using a resistance band instead of doing pull ups. 

• image septemberdreams:

I'm 5'0 and 98lbs, I did the classic.  Women can only get so muscular.  I did get really toned.

I have adjustable dumbells but depending on the exerice would use anywhere from 5lbs to 20lbs. 

This!  Except that I'm 5'5" and 120 lbs ;)   

~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • I should add that I'm a dancer (even though I haven't been able to be in a class for about a year now). I still want to have that slim, lean, dancer body and not look like a sports player if that makes sense.