May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

All my stress is because of $$$

So my day has been super stressful.......

First, I had to have HH call the IRS to find out where the hell our refund is. It ends up that we filed incorrectly and it was declined, but they neglected to tell us that. SO I had to refile an ammended return for HH to overnite to the IRS tonight and so it will be another 8-16 week wait for our $8k, 6 of which we owe to my ILs.

Next, we bought our house as a government forclosure. It came with a 203(b) repair escrow. The common repair escrow is a 203(k). So, I call BOA and try to get the money since we made the repair. First person forwards me to the 203(k) dept, which is the wrong one. They in turn tell me that they can't forward me to the right dept and I have to recall. The number they give me is a bad number so I try to go through the call center again. The call center now tells me that they cannot talk to me because I am not authorized on the mortgage (it's only in hubby's name due to my credit) even though we sent in an authrorization form a week ago. So hubby has to call and give me authorization... It takes an HOUR for them to process an over-the-phone authorization. RETARDED. So I then call and it takes them 45 minutes to figure out what a 203(b) is and to finally say the check is on the way... At least it is done...

PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday

Re: All my stress is because of $$$

• How obnoxious!! I was super careful to do everything right with submitting for the tax credit, I had heard of people doing it wrong and it being delayed. I also owed my parents 6k. Ouch.
    Photobucket
  • That is obsurd! I hate that they act like that about everything!
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Ugh! How irritating! Ever since I bought my house (5 years ago) I've used a CPA to file my tax return.  It seems silly to a lot of people that I pay someone to do my tax return but I have like 3-4 W2's that come in every year plus my mortgage, life insurance, savings interest and when I was in school my tuition credit as well!  So it's just much easier to hand it off to Gene (my CPA) and know that everything is done right and I get my MAX return (good ol' exemptions!)

Well I hope everything works out and you get your check and your return SOON!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jenny_seitz:

Ugh! How irritating! Ever since I bought my house (5 years ago) I've used a CPA to file my tax return.  It seems silly to a lot of people that I pay someone to do my tax return but I have like 3-4 W2's that come in every year plus my mortgage, life insurance, savings interest and when I was in school my tuition credit as well!  So it's just much easier to hand it off to Gene (my CPA) and know that everything is done right and I get my MAX return (good ol' exemptions!)

Well I hope everything works out and you get your check and your return SOON!

Hopefully I will have my tax accounting class under my belt by the time 2010 taxes are due!

PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • What a pain in the a$$.  I hope it doesn't take too much longer for you to get your refund.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow that sucks. Ours got messed up to. We were the first return that our H&R Block filed with the first time homebuyers credit on it. They really didn't know what they were doing and we ended up having to send in more papers the week before the wedding (we filed in January). We finally got ours back a week or two ago. Sorry you still have to wait!

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • You're reminding me once again how very happy I am that BIL is a tax accountant!!

Our taxes have been pretty straightforward, since we're not homeowners yet, but I know about money aggravations. We had soo many car repairs this month. I updated our budget and spending last night. I told Matt that this month, his salary supported our two cars and my salary supported the two of us.