May 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OMG I hate the other boards

WTF is up with all of the snarky people?!  Seriously, it's like people who aren't even related to questions on the boards are lurking and saying the rudest things to make you feel bad.  I hate it!  Except for our board, I'm not going to others anymore.  I thought these were for support.

Grrrr.

Re: OMG I hate the other boards

• Unfortunately, some people have nothing better to do than to be snarky and make other people feel like crap to make themselves feel better! I do not go to any other board for that reason!
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • That's why I love this board.  I've posted on a couple others and my questions are just responded to by not super nice replies.  No thanks.  I'll take my May Nesties any day.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• there are def alot of snarky ppl out there, its so stupid!

luckily my local board is just as nice as you ladies, so these are the only two board i post on

• ditto. agreed. samesies.

Although, my local board is nice... I just don't post there as much because they seem to be a bit older and all have kids and we all know how I feel about bambinos right now =P 

Photobucket

The Benhams: Married May 1st, 2010! Anniversary
  • imageAshleyanneB:

ditto. agreed. samesies.

Although, my local board is nice... I just don't post there as much because they seem to be a bit older and all have kids and we all know how I feel about bambinos right now =P 

bambinos, lol.  most of my local boards have kids too.  I keep mental notes and file it away for later,lol

• I 100% agree!!  I find that the people on Trouble in Paradise are the WORST...and I can't help wonder about the correlation between their insane snarkiness and the trouble that they face in their respective "paradises".  Ralph.  My mother always taught me that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar - aka just be NICE, and people will be nice back :)  Which is why I think that our May 2010 nesties are such lovely people, and why I'm so happy to be a member here!  xx

I do enjoy the Fashion and Beauty board though, I don't find people snarky there, although I don't post there...I'm just a huge lurker and love to see what people are wearing.  Oh, and I don't really have a "local" board, because I'm Canadian so my "local" board is the entire freaking country...I'm much much closer in physical approximation to many of you than I am to many of the people in my local board :)  (I live about 45 minutes from the border).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't attempted posting on any other boards yet... I haven't done much lurking on others yet either. I'm a bit intimidated, not gonna lie!

I'd like to expand my horizons and start posting somewhere like the pets board, but I haven't gotten a feel for the mood of the board yet.

• Agreed... somewhat. I have found a few boards where people tend to be more encouraging.  I know Soon got some amazing responses on the TIP board and that was nice to see because I've seen A LOT of snarky responses while lurking over there.  I've also discovered a lot of snarky-ness on the BNOTB board.  Even though I'm totally in the BOTB boat it's fun to lurk.  They have a lot of negativity towards the GP (getting preg) ladies who I have discovered are actually pretty nice it seems.  They just seem EXTREMELY judgemental on the BNOTB board. (This is from what I have read/seen) Sometimes I find myself giggling at their posts, other times it can juse be downright rude and offensive.

Love the May Knotties!  We are a GREAT group of ladies.

• I dunno what boards you are going on, but I haven't seen much snarkiness. Pets, P&CE, Fashion and Beauty, Entertainment, Health and Fitness, decorating and renovating, Money Matters... I've barely seen anyone making snarky comments.
    Photobucket
  • i enjoy the 'snark' (even though i hate that term...), but i was on team "enough of the puppies and rainbows" on our knot board, too.  i'm all for being supportive or whatever, but i'm also not going to lie to you.
  • imagespongejen:
    i enjoy the 'snark' (even though i hate that term...), but i was on team "enough of the puppies and rainbows" on our knot board, too.  i'm all for being supportive or whatever, but i'm also not going to lie to you.

we should make t shirts :) I think we are nearly alone in the no P&R boat. 

Photobucket
  • I have noticed a lot of snark on the other boards.  The only ones I post on are Gardening/Landscaping and Cleaning/Organizing.  I don't mind people telling me their opinion but you can do it without being mean and hurtful.  I don't want constant affirmation but at the same time I don't want someone being nasty either.
  • I lurke on other boards, but I've never posted on one. I only post here because you girls are so nice =]

Two souls but a single thought; Two hearts that beat as one image
  • My local board is all about preschool-age children, too, which is not exactly me right now. I did ask a question about a concert venue there, and they were nice.

The girls on the Nest Book Club board are pretty nice, too, so I post there occasionally. 

How sad is it, though, that every time I post somewhere other than here, I have to cringe and hope that I don't get my head shot off? I'm not about lying to people to make them feel better, but I do think that there is almost always a kind way to tell someone that they need to make changes or reassess. "Honest" does not have to mean "nasty and calculated to hurt."

• I do agree that sometimes the snark can be completely unnecessary, but I do understand the attitude that some of the national boards have.  A lot of the women there have been posting for years, and they really do have a community.I liken it to this, I wouldn't walk into a room of complete strangers and ask them for advice or a question and then expect support or that they even care.

• The ones I've had probs with are on thebump.
  • Well there's your problem! It's common knowledge the people on the bump are BSC
    Photobucket
  • imagehayleymajayley:

imagespongejen:
    i enjoy the 'snark' (even though i hate that term...), but i was on team "enough of the puppies and rainbows" on our knot board, too.  i'm all for being supportive or whatever, but i'm also not going to lie to you.

I mean... like I said, I often find myself giggling at it but there are sometimes when they are WAY more harsh than they need to be.  And I mean just downright rude.  Does it stop me from lurking and posting, no.  But they haven't been mean to ME.  There are instances where they seem to gang up on people. (and that's not to say that the person didn't deserve it... )

But again... doesn't stop me from laughing hysterically at times! =D

• imagehayleymajayley:
    imagespongejen:

I want a t shirt too!!! But it?s true, this and international n are the best! 

• imagehayleymajayley:

imagespongejen:

NOT ALONE! NOT ALONE!!

• i will also say this......if you are letting what people say and do on a message board get to you and hurt your feelings then you should probably find a new hobby!!!
  • Forum surfing counts as a hobby?

Dang.  I am addicted to the internet.