Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vacuum Recs

We're shopping around for a new vacuum and wanted some personal recs (good or bad).  We are not interested in anything Hoover.  We have gone through 3 in the past 3 years and have not been happy with them.

We found a Bissell through Target and it seems good but I don't have any personal experience w/ this brand.

http://www.target.com/Bissell-82H1-Cleanview-Bagless-Upright/dp/B00284BM3A/ref=br_1_20?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&qid=1277587233&searchView=grid3&sr=1-20&node=49590011&searchRank=price&searchPage=1&rh=&searchSize=30&id=Bissell%2082H1%20Cleanview%20Bagless%20Upright&searchBinNameList=purchasing_channel%2Csubjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin

TIA!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Vacuum Recs

• We have a way less fancy Bissel than the one you posted (a bagged Powerforce) and we've abused it for 5 years with no problems other than the occasional clog. Seriously, we vacuum a few times a week since we have two cats that like to shed everywhere and it still does a good job picking up after all this time. We'd love to have a fancy Dyson but for a budget, we like Bissel.
    Two Blue Pillars
    Baby Blue Eyes
  • We have the Bissel Healthy Home, which I wouldn't recommend.  We got it about 3 years ago, and the brush doesn't work half of the time, and it's really messy to clean out.  When it works, it works well, but it just hasn't held up. 
  • My parents & I both had the same Hoover windtunnel bagless & they died after a year or so.  Honestly my Dyson is the only vac that stands up to my two hairy dogs.  My parents have a nice Electrolux and it's not even picking up their dog hair.  Anyway, I think that vac would be fine if you don't have pets.  If you do have pets I think you should spend more for a better machine.  I'm not saying you should spend $500 on a Dyson but I do think $200-300 might be more realistic.  Sorry!
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • I have a Dyson, and it's okay, but I wish I had bought an Oreck. They're feather light with tons of suction. Maybe next time...

I wrote this! 
  • Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!  We would absolutely love to have a Dyson, but we just don't have it in the budget.  Anything is better than what we have right now.  This Hoover doesn't suck!  Ironic, huh?!  It sounds like Bissell it is!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers