Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Annoyed at road runner sports

I love when they have good daily deal, that's half the reason I buy from them, it's a great discount.  However, I bought a bra from one of their daily deals on May 3.  It's now May 31 and the damn thing hasn't even shipped yet - despite talking to two of their customer service reps, 10 days apart, who both promised me that it would be shipping the next business day.  I can almost understand because it was apparently backordered (although their system said instock when I hit buy), what I can't understand is the "it will ship out on the next business day" lie.  Seriously.  Add that to their free shipping taking 10 business days to get to my house and I think I'm done with them.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Annoyed at road runner sports

• That happened with my last pair of backordered shoes.  It said a certain date, that came and passed.  So I called and they told me a new date that came and passed.  However I finally changed the order and got a big discount and they overnighted me the new pair.  
  • Ugh. They had a sale on my shoes (Asics Nimbus), so I went to pick up a pair, and the woman there wouldn't let me buy them until they had done an arch and gait analysis on me. I tried to explain that I'd had one done years ago, the Nimbus was recommended, and I'm in my 5th or 6th pair at this point. Nope - she still wouldn't budge. I got sick of her trying to waste my time and walked right out of the store. I'm bummed to hear that their online service seems just as obnoxious.
    Running PRs: 5K - 23:09 (5-15-2010) 10 mile: 1:21:48 (8-27-2011) Half marathon: 1:48:58 (9-12-2011)
  • That's really annoying.
  • Another reason to be annoyed - they charge 19.99 to sign up as a VIP in-store, but only 1.99 online. How do you justify that much of a diescrepancy? At least they gave me a refund after I pointed this out to them.