July 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

VENT!!!!!! long

I am so mad a DH's boss right now! I woke up this morning and when I went to check my email I noticed my vision was blurry. There were flashing lights around my peripheral vision and I couldn't really focus on anything. Rod had already left for work, so I called my eye dr. He said it sounded like I had a detached retina and to go to emerg right away. He told me not to drive and take an ambulance if I needed to. I called Rod at work and told him what was happening and he said he would come home immediatly to take me to the hosiptal. He showed up an HOUR later and was viberating he was so mad.

Last week he overheard his immediate supervisor refering to him and another co-worker as dumb and dumber. He went to his boss's boss and reported it.  she (Rod's boss) has been extremely unproffesional and in my opinion is a total bully. She was made to apologize for this and the matter was dropped.

This morning she pulled Rod aside for a meeting - after he told her I needed to go to emerg and may need emergancy surgery - for an HOUR to discuss his gossiping, spreading rumours and talking behind peoples back. I am proud of him because he told her 1) Its not gossiping if it involves me - I can talk to whomever I feel needs to be informed of the situtation and 2) its not a rumour if its true!

I am so furious right now - I was waiting at home terrified that I was going to need emergancy surgery and scared that he was in a terrible car accident because it was taking him so long to get home, and really he was in a pointless, selfish meeting with boss.

Would I be overreacting to email the HR department and file a complaint on his behalf?

PS I am fine for the moment and have a follow up with the surgeon this after noon.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: VENT!!!!!! long

• image err395:

I am so furious right now - I was waiting at home terrified that I was going to need emergancy surgery and scared that he was in a terrible car accident because it was taking him so long to get home, and really he was in a pointless, selfish meeting with boss.

Would I be overreacting to email the HR department and file a complaint on his behalf?

PS I am fine for the moment and have a follow up with the surgeon this after noon.

1.  I'm glad you're OK.

2.  Yes!  I understand you are upset (and I think you have reason to be) but to 100% honest I think that would be a compelte and utter overstepping of bounds on your part.  It happened TO DH at HIS work...let HIM deal with it!

ETA: I'd be pissed at my husband if he did something like that to me.  Wouldn't you be if the situation were reversed?  You are his wife, not his mother--he has to fight his own battles.  (Not being snarky)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/abkqq9.jpg[/IMG]

TTC since 3/10: IVF #1 BFP: #1 60, #2 128, #3 256, #4 796, #5 1926!
    U/S #2: 2 heartbeats!!!! U/S #4: Vanishing twin around 8=9 weeks
  • I'm glad to hear that you're okay after all that! I agree with PP. Although my first reaction would be to want to contact someone to ***, I think it would really have to come from your DH rather than you.
    [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3znkck5[/IMG]

my read shelf:
  • image reenie83:
    I'm glad to hear that you're okay after all that! I agree with PP. Although my first reaction would be to want to contact someone to ***, I think it would really have to come from your DH rather than you.

Agreed.  But it 100% should be coming in the form of a complaint from your H bright and early tomorrow morning (or the next time he is at work).  It is obviously a vain attempt by the boss to 'punish' your husband for telling on her.  Juvenile b!tch. 

my read shelf:

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzfe_PZXw3dNBEZgrOBLkBNyKLT-Ya5DJrE21J0X1TnuGMWY73bg[/IMG]
  • Thanks ladies :) I realize that its inappropriate for me to make a complaint - I will talk to Rod about doing it in the morning. I was just SO furious she would pull this kind of SH*t.
    Pregnancy Ticker