Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I still think cheese is our food mascot

I mean, according to the all important poll a couple of days ago, cheese is loved more on this board than bacon.

just saying!

Re: I still think cheese is our food mascot

• How about bacon infused cheese to incorporate the bacon lovers?
    Natural m/c @ 6 weeks - 3/1/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's why there's this:

• image Jessimau:

That's why there's this:

I officially declare the war over - widespread peace has broken out among the board as we all revel in this cheesy goodness

• image Jessimau:

That's why there's this:

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  That commercial got my attention 

• image Jessimau:

That's why there's this:

The fact you would call this 'cheese' is an affront to cheese, even before you add the abomination which is bacon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto Broc, and for the record bacon is not and never was the food mascot of TIP. 
  • Well there is much better cheese in the world, but that's the most accessible version of bacon cheese.  Or there's this.

Sometimes you need something other than Pt. Reyes, parmesan, or brie.

• You can't add bacon to cheese and expect to appease the anti-bacon faction - now really. All you've done is take a big poop on our cheese.
  • image Jessimau:
    Well there is much better cheese in the world, but that's the most accessible version of bacon cheese.  Or there's this.

But that's not cheese.  The FDA says they're not allowed to call it cheese, it's so removed from what cheese actually is.  That's why it's called 'bacon cheddar' and not 'bacon cheddar cheese.'

If you want cheese that tastes bacony without the abomination, try a nice smoked mozzarella or smoked gruyere.

• Mmmm smoked gouda
  • Pffft, smoked gruyere, while yummy, does not taste like bacon.  And mozzarella is really best fresh, sliced, and lightly drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, atop a slice of oven-toasted rosemary bread
  • image Jessimau:
    Pffft, smoked gruyere, while yummy, does not taste like bacon.

It's vaguely similar, but without the part that makes me want to barf. 

And mozzarella is really best fresh, sliced, and lightly drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, atop a slice of oven-toasted rosemary bread

mmm no.  Smoked mozz, broiled in a ramekin until it's melted, scooped up with rustic wheat bread, eaten with chopped tomatoes and basil.

• image Jessimau:
    And mozzarella is really best fresh, sliced, and lightly drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, atop a slice of oven-toasted rosemary bread

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!