September 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Settle a small connundrum?

So my mom/sister just called and asked me about where we saw the Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday dress. My mom says it was when we went to the Smithsonian in 1998, but my sister says it was when we went to Disney (the line for the Great Movie Ride) in 1997/1998. We thought we had a picture of it, but no one can find the picture.

So, anyone know where the dress is/was? We can't even google it because all it does is either pop up screen caps from the movie or it's ads for Halloween costumes. TIA!

imageimage

Re: Settle a small connundrum?

• If it was in the Smithsonian's Pop Culture exhibit, it is not currently being displayed--- that being said, the room for it is under construction, so they only have like 20 pieces out and have for the last 3 years or so.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • The sad thing is I remember seeing it in person, I just can't remember where. We have pictures from the Smithsonian of the Bunker's Chairs (All in the Family), Fonzie's jacket, & Charlie McCarthy, but no dress. And from Disney we have the picture of the Carousel Horse from Mary Poppins, but no dress.

I don't even remeber what building we were in in the Smithsonian. It may have been the American History Museum. But even the Smithsonian says all of it's archives arent' available online, so it may be there, but it's not listed. We've looked everywhere and can't seem to pinpoint when/where we saw it.

imageimage
  • Yeah, it would have been in American History and all of those things are things I have seen at one time or another while I have been visiting... but no dress.  Sorry.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot