October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

happy but annoyed vent...

So this may sound childish and petty, but it really bothers me and I need to get it out before I leave work so that I dont take it out on DH.

So today my SIL had her baby boy at 10:59am. he is healthy and was a little over 6lbs and 19in long. But I am annoyed with in-laws and here is why.... This morning around 6am they called and said that she was in labor. I was very excited forn her as this is her 1st. So around 9 I am at my desk and I was like let me see how she is doing and my MIL said that she was almost there and my reply was awesome. I was thinking cool she will hae him soon and they will let me know beacuse they all said they would. So a few more hrs go by and I heard nothing. So I call DH like I always do around lunch time and he said " did they tell you my sister had the baby?" I was like "no". He goes do you wnat me to send you the pic I said no, becasue if they wanted me to know they would tell me. Finally at 1:30 I get a text from MIL with a pic of the baby. I responded and asked what he weight and his length. I got NOTHING and neither did DH. I had to find out his stats via FACEBOOK. I am annoyed at this because if DH or I didnt personally twell them Jaidens stats when he was born our names would of been mud but its ok for them to forget to tell us.

Sorry if this sounds childish, selfish or petty, but im tired of my IN-laws treating us like 2nd class citizens.

Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: happy but annoyed vent...

• bhead81bhead81 member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Sorry your ILs aren't treating you all well.  My ex's parents were the same way...I was never good enough for them so I always felt strange around them and that I was "second class" to them. 
    Brenda & Phillip 10/10/2009

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012, adoption finalized 12/27/12

IVF - Sept 2013, beta #1 54.5, Beta #2 209
    S/PAIF welcome

• That totally sucks. I'm sorry. There isn't anything you can really do, so I would suggest just putting this aside and being happy for SIL. Not worth getting into an argument with the in laws. As hard as it might be, be the bigger person. And congrats on being an aunt!
  • imagedvshaw:
    That totally sucks. I'm sorry. There isn't anything you can really do, so I would suggest just putting this aside and being happy for SIL. Not worth getting into an argument with the in laws. As hard as it might be, be the bigger person. And congrats on being an aunt!

This..  They probably just got caught up in the moment and figured your husband would tell you/send you the pic.  Just be the bigger person.  Congrats!