Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Camping in Winthrop! Suggestions?

I just booked us a campsite in Winthrop in June and am wondering if there are some great places we should see?  Good swim spots, easy hikes, best food?  I keep hearing about the Schoolhouse Brewery and am wondering it if will be too depressing for me to watch DH drink yummy microbrews while I sip my ice tea.  Prolly, oh well.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/29mmyd3.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Camping in Winthrop! Suggestions?

• Hmm, I don't have any specific tips.  I do know that when we went through Winthrop two years ago it was a good city to just wander in, and you'll find fun stuff. 

Swing by the Sun Mountain Lodge - even if you're not staying there, you can still do a lot of their activities and it's a cool resort to drive around and see.  They do have a lot of hiking trails too.

Have fun!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drove through there a few weeks ago.  All i bought was coffee, but it was neat to wander around.  I checked out the little museum, which was neat, but didn't stick around very long, so i don't have any advice.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I also second checking out Sun Mountain Lodge. Beautiful. Pearrygin Lake is close by, too. Check out Winthrop Mountain Sports for easy hike suggestions. That place is an excellent resource for outdoor activities, and other good local finds, too (restaurants). Downtown Winthrop has lots of fun shops.

Winthrop is a great lil' place. Now, not as great as my lil' hometown of Leavenworth, though. Wink

Have a great trip!