Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Birth Control Question

This might seem rather werid, but i figured you guys were the people to go to!! My husband and I had sex the other night, and it was great..Well, this morning I went to go take my birth control pill and I realized that I didn't take it yesterday. (My mother in law just had hip replacement surgery so I was taking care of her and completely forgot.) Does this mean that the pill wouldn't have worked??? I just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Birth Control Question

• No, it doesn't necessarily mean the pill wont work. The pill has a certain level of effectiveness, which is built up in your blood stream; if you're taking the pills reliably at the same time every day, missing a single pill isn't a big deal. You should have taken both pills today, I believe, though that can vary depending on the pill brand.

Also, whether or not you could get pregnant depends entirely on where you are in your cycle. If you're not ovulating (or in the period right before ovulating) you're not going to get pregnant. Typically, ovulation occurs in the midpoint of a cyle; for most women this is about 14 days after the first day of your last period. But beware: it varies dramatically depending on the length of your cycle. If you know when you had your last period, you can get an approximate ovulation date by using fertilityfinder.com or another similar site.

However, I doubt you'll have a problem, since one missed pill is unlikely to leave you without coverage.

• you only missed one? take two today and just continue as normal, one is hardly anything to worry about ...I'd probably read that little info-paper that comes with your pill package too.
  • image Lil'BlackDress:
    you only missed one? take two today and just continue as normal, one is hardly anything to worry about ...I'd probably read that little info-paper that comes with your pill package too.

This!

• It's also recommended to use an alternate form of bc for at least a week after the missed day, ie condoms.
    [IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/agoodse/peppermin2.jpg[/IMG]

Pepper, the not so wonder pup
  • im not sure if all bc pills work the same but i missed one pill, but the doctor told me not to take two because it would really offset my system from missing a pill and then doubling it. talk to a pharmacist or even you doctor to see if it is ok to do.
  • im not sure if all bc pills work the same but i missed one pill, but the doctor told me not to take two because it would really offset my system from missing a pill and then doubling it. talk to a pharmacist or even you doctor to see if it is ok to do.

Really? because that's the exact opposite that I've ever heard from any gyn/ apn/rn or the paphlet that comes along with any pill I've ever been on. What do you take?