Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Really Painful

Trying not to write too many posts here, but I have a question. I don?t know whether to write this on this board or find someplace else. My question is what to do about overly painful periods. I had cramps so bad today that I just curled up in a corner, hoping they would go away. They have been getting worse each month. I?ve tried midol and every other pain killer, but nothing seems to help. It has been getting in the way of my relationship now. DH has been sweet and tries everything to make me feel better, but I want to make it ease up soon. Any ideas?

Re: Really Painful

• Birth control helps my cramps. I virtually have none. If you are on BC, then talk to your doctor about it. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • You said they've been getting progressively worse? Go to the doctor. BC might help lessen the severity of your period. Until you can get in try a heating pad. Whenever I get stressed out and have particularly painful cramps I pop a midol and get comfy in bed with the heating pad and a pillow over that.
  • srgwsrgw member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    My cramps were really painful in jr high and high school. The heating pad was my best friend. I'd lay on the couch with my heating pad, take some tylenol and watch movies.
  • I would get to a doctor.  BC can regulate and assist with this pain.  Most of the time the doctor will give you some tests to see if anything else was going on.  Just make an appointment to see see your GYN and explain what is happening.
  • image gigglygirl22:
    Trying not to write too many posts here, but I have a question. I don?t know whether to write this on this board or find someplace else. My question is what to do about overly painful periods. I had cramps so bad today that I just curled up in a corner, hoping they would go away. They have been getting worse each month. I?ve tried midol and every other pain killer, but nothing seems to help. It has been getting in the way of my relationship now. DH has been sweet and tries everything to make me feel better, but I want to make it ease up soon. Any ideas?

See a gyn. You may have endometriosis or you may have fibroids. Both are curable.

If you don't like your first opinion, see another doc for a second and a third if need be. Good luck.

• image LemonLover33:
    Birth control helps my cramps. I virtually have none. If you are on BC, then talk to your doctor about it. 

This.

• I have pretty painful cramps as well and hate taking meds. Im not on any BC either. I've found a natural remedy that helps tremendously: rose and saffron tea. It may be hard to find but if you can stock up! The best is all natural whole rose bud tea and saffron (not the kind you cook with, the tea). You can drink then seperately or mix the two. Rose tea is also good for your skin :)

• I have really painful periods too, although they have been this way from the start. I would talk to your doctor about this. What helped me was birthcontrol pills.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • what everyone else said, go to the dr.

i use to take prescription pain meds for my cramps. the pill can also help. like one pp said, it may be endo, or something else similar, but either way the dr can go through options for pain management and/or treatment.

• Go to the doctor asap. You may have endometriosis. Birth control can be a mask/ bandaid for what's really going on. Endometriosis can lead to infertility. I had it too at one time. I had painful cramps, heavy flow, and passed blood clots. It's simple for a doctor to examine for Endometriosis, they do an ultrasound. The surgery is often done with a laser so it's minimally invasive. Please don't just go on BC to make it stop- get checked out to see what's going on!
  • image TarponMonoxide:

image gigglygirl22:

See a gyn. You may have endometriosis or you may have fibroids. Both are curable.

If you don't like your first opinion, see another doc for a second and a third if need be. Good luck.

I was just going to say this. Neither are a good scene, but both are curable. Also, maybe a prescription will be all you need.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • it could also be polycystic ovarian syndrome...it's what I have and my periods were so bad they'd put me in bed for a week between the cramps and the migraines...BC helped though I still have the migraines...they're not as bad though.
  • image srgw:
    My cramps were really painful in jr high and high school. The heating pad was my best friend. I'd lay on the couch with my heating pad, take some tylenol and watch movies.

This!  It's the only thing that helps, and keeps you distracted from the pain.

• W.S. Pleasure is spread through the earth In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find. ~William Wordsworth, 1806