Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confessions . . .

don't think too many people are here, but if you are and you got 'em, let it out
image Ridin dirty

Re: Confessions . . .

• I had a good one the other day, but now I forget what it was.
  • i get irrationally p!ssed off when there are so many views on posts and no replies
    image Ridin dirty
  • I confess that my coworker is really hot.

I know I'm not dead and that I will continue to think that people are attractive since you know, I'm not dead, but it still makes me feel guilty. Like I should think the sun shines out of DH's rear.

I don't really have anything juicy to say.

I confess that I saw a commercial for The Expendables and am ridiculously excited for it.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Tianacheron:
    i get irrationally p!ssed off when there are so many views on posts and no replies

it's probably usually me - I click on posts and have nothing constructive to add!

• image Kimbatron:

image Tianacheron:
    i get irrationally p!ssed off when there are so many views on posts and no replies

it's probably usually me - I click on posts and have nothing constructive to add!

i don't think so, there's plenty of reg posters that look at a post more than once, i don't think that's the reason.  every board has lurkers, just throw us a bone every now and then with a comment, an intro, a confession, just give  something [email protected]!

image Ridin dirty
  • I just want to go home. I just want to sleep this weekend.

I just just just just...

• image lachute:

I just want to go home. I just want to sleep this weekend.

I just just just just...

I do too.  I can't wait till tomorrow, sleeping till 12!!!!!!!

• image Tianacheron:
    image Kimbatron:

image Tianacheron:

i don't think so, there's plenty of reg posters that look at a post more than once, i don't think that's the reason.  every board has lurkers, just throw us a bone every now and then with a comment, an intro, a confession, just give  something [email protected]!

Yeah, I'm not responsible for the 42 views currently on this post - just 3ish!

• i was lurking on mm the other day and they had a post that asked about what were to doing 10 years ago (or something to that effect) and so many people said, "i was 12" or "i was 16", somehow that just effed up the creditbility of the board for me.  is that wrong? yup.  are there people younger than me that could give me advice about $? probably.  do i care that i feel this way? not even a little bit.
    image Ridin dirty
  • I went to a Christening last weekend for the child of someone with whom I used to be close.  We have not talked since maybe January, but I was still invited and had agreed to go awhile ago, so did not want to bail.  I gave a card, but no gift or money in it.  I'm sure she was pi$$ed.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • Ten years ago I was 15. You still like me right T?!
  • I have not read a book in at least 10 years, probabaly longer. It puts me to sleep. I've tried on several occasions. The beach, honeymoon, air planes, I just can't do it. Bores me to death. It doesn't relax me, it makes me crazy and tired.
  • There are times when I will start a new post, refresh my page and there are already 3 views.  so how is that possible?  maybe their counter is off.
  • image Jxlpsu:
    I have not read a book in at least 10 years, probabaly longer. It puts me to sleep. I've tried on several occasions. The beach, honeymoon, air planes, I just can't do it. Bores me to death. It doesn't relax me, it makes me crazy and tired.

I get too distracted, I'd rather people watch.

• i wish i could participate more on here, but i can't post at work and by the time i get home it seems pointless.

i had a friend from hs who visited last wknd with her 14 month old baby. we had such a good time visiting, but because of some drama with the baby daddy i know she is depressed but has zero motivation to do anything about it or make changes. it drives me crazy and i'm exhausted thinking about it 

• i am having issues at work that i cannot control and it is making me feel like a huge failure. 

i have been worried/stressed all week and i am at my breaking point.

• I called in "pregnant" to work. My back is all messed up and I am in a great deal of pain, but I spent the morning running errands, after my doctor's appointment, then went home and took a nap. I don't regret it at all.
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • Ever since job 1 took away all comp time, I have had a really bad attitude about work.  Yes, I should be glad to have a job...but they just basically told me that I'm expected to work the equivalent of about 3 weeks worth of hours beyond my regular work day each year, and I will not get any pay or time off later to make up for it.  As a result, I am being so lackadaisical (sp?) about our upcoming annual community day.  I truly couldn't care less about how the day goes, what is scheduled, or anything else about it.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • DH and I are waiting to have a kid for at least a year. I still have baby fever, but really want to go on another kick ass vacation first. I confess I'm already planning our 1 year anniversary to give me something to look forward to, and am being 100% selfish over this year for a trip to Vegas, Outer Banks for 2 weeks, and then honeymoon II. I'm selfish, and a baby would interfere with shelling out the money for honeymoon II.
  • I have been watching Hanson concerts streaming live over the internet all week.  Yes, that Hanson.  They have a new album coming out next week and my inner 13-year-old (from about ten years ago, T...more like 12 ;) is so happy.
  • Im "working from home" today - and by 'working from home", I mean nesting, facebooking, listening to barbara streisand on pandora and eating my face offf.

• image Tianacheron:
    image Kimbatron:

image Tianacheron:

T, announce you are pregnant again.  The lurker mommy mafia will come crawling out of the woodwork!

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I like Wal-Mart more than Target.

• I confess that sometimes I want to stop saving for every little thing and just blow it all on an amazing vacation(s). I want to go back to the carribean, do my big italy trip, and visit australia again.

I am also really sad about my boss leaving - I always felt I could tell him almost anything and now he is gone. I have had bosses leave before but this really affected me. I wish him well but I am selfish and want him here. It is going to be rough next audit season.

• erbur78erbur78 member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 5 Love Its First Answer
    Sometimes, I wish I could stop making "sensible" decisions and just fly by the seat of my pants.  But I'm too much of a control freak to ever allow that to happen.  And that makes me sad (and boring).
  • NOV2007NOV2007 member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My mom and her mom have not talked in oh about 20 years.  No one knows why, not even my mom, my grandmom just stopped talking to her.  Well I found out on Friday my granmom has breast cancer.  Yeah, it's a shame, but I don't feel anything. 

All of my cousins have this great relationship with her, she visits each of my aunts for months at a time, not my family.

• Nov, your confession kind of reminded me of one.  I'm probably having this kid on May 6th because of the induction and that happens to be my mom's father's birthday.  My grandfather was a jerk.  I seriously don't have many good memories of him.  The ones I have consist of him verbally abusing my grandmom and just being mean.  I feel like the jerk now though because my mom was all excited and started crying that Tommy might be born on his birthday.  My knee jerk reaction was to to say, "I could care less it's not like he's a man I would ever want my son to emulate"  Now I feel bad.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image ButtonsPepper:
    DH and I are waiting to have a kid for at least a year. I still have baby fever, but really want to go on another kick ass vacation first. I confess I'm already planning our 1 year anniversary to give me something to look forward to, and am being 100% selfish over this year for a trip to Vegas, Outer Banks for 2 weeks, and then honeymoon II. I'm selfish, and a baby would interfere with shelling out the money for honeymoon II.

it is amazing what living together and getting married will do to what were once plans set in stone, isn't it?

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!