Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Jane Iredale?

I am frustrated with my skin! I was wearing Bare Minerals for about 3 years & wanted something different. I got color matched at Sephora & ended up with a Dior foundation. I love how it looks when it goes on, but it does not last through the day. I was very difficult to color match because the rx skin products I use turned everything orange!

My derm. carries this make-up in her office. Does anyone have experience with it? I'm thinking about setting up a consultation to try it out.  I need something with good coverage that stays put & keeps me from being too oily. Is that possible? I'm beginning to think not!

Re: Jane Iredale?

• I wear the Pure Pressed Base and I absolutely love it! It covers very well, but I do tend to get oily by the end of the day, but I have this issue no matter what I wear. They have a product called Absence which is a primer that is supposed to help control oil , but I haven't tried it out yet. You might ask about that if you go for a consulation. I order mine from their website and the customer service is excellent and the shipping is always very fast so that might be an option if you try them and end up liking it.

Also, I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate it at all and doesn't seem to clog my pores like BM and others dud. JI does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride which can be a problem in a lot of mineral makeup.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/11lo6qb.jpg[/IMG]
  • I got to really know Jane Iredale because of aesthetics school. It was the makeup we used in our salon. I love the pressed and loose powders, they give amazing coverage without looking cakey. I hardly had to use concealer, but the concealers are great too. Except for the under eye concealers...I can't remember what they are called but the ones in the little jar. I actually continue to use the foundations for my professional make-up kit. There is such a great range of colors, there is no way you cant find a perfect match. I say stay way from the liquid foundation, waste of money. The blushes are nice but not worth the cost. And the eye shadows are pure rubbish, in my opinion. No color payoff what so ever. I never had a problem with people reacting in a bad way to the foundation. It is the "skin care" makeup after all.
    [url=http://www.sarahbethbeauty.com/] Sarah Beth Beauty - Make-Up Artist
    [/url]
  • Oh and they also have setting sprays and a nice mattifying powder.
    [url=http://www.sarahbethbeauty.com/] Sarah Beth Beauty - Make-Up Artist
    [/url]
  • I've used the pure pressed base for about three years now.  A few times i have attempted to switch to a less expensive powder, and always come running back!