Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Do you use an spf moisturizer, or separate moisturizer and sunscreen?

I've heard it's *better* to use a separate moisturizer and sunscreen. That true? I've been flipping back-n-forth on spf moisturizers, can't find one I like, and thought about just incorporating a separate product over my moisturizer.

Addt'l Question: If you use primer, does the product go on top of the sunscreen? Followed by your make up?

Thanks!

Re: Do you use an spf moisturizer, or separate moisturizer and sunscreen?

• I use a tinted moisturizer w/ SPF. So, it's a 3-in-1 product. It's all I have time for and it works great.
  • I use a separate moisturizer and separate sunscreen.  Generally the moisturizers I liked have spf 15.  I feel that spf 15 is not always enough, unless I am not spending time outside, plus you don't get as much spf protection from the moisturizer because that product is trying to do two things.  Also, sometimes I just don't like the moisturizer with the spf added in, sometimes it feels greasy to me.

I don't know about the primer part, and will be looking out for others' replies!  I would imagine you apply primer afterwards, so you get the smooth finish?  I don't use a primer.

• I use AM Solutions from Avon, its the only SPF 15 product I have ever used that doesn't make me break out. If I'm going to be at the pool or something, then I use a higher, separate sun block. 
    imageimageimage
    5 whole feet of unsuccessful decision making
    Blog: Loki's Kitchen*Loki Life*All About BMR
    Wisely and Slow (My Husband's Running Blog)
  • I use moisturizer and spf 15 liquid foundation.
  • I double it up - I first put on my mark For Goodness Face SPF 30 (by Avon) moisturizer, then follow it with MAC Prep & Prime Face Protect SPF 50.
    Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
    image image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I put on a moisturizer with spf 15 and my foundation that has spf 15 on normal days.  But if I'm going to be outside all day, like at the pool or lake, then I put on a separate sunscreen and keep applying it.
  • I use a moisturizer with SPF 15 in it and I feel like I get a good amount of moisture & sun protection from it.

I also use primer sometimes.  I apply it on top of the moisturizer w/sunscreen, after I've given it some time to set.

• I use Avon Rejuvenate mosturizer and eye cream and they both have an SPF of 25.

• I use a non-SPF moisturizer and a powder SPF 30.  I hate the feeling of liquid sunscreen on my face.   
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

TTC #1 @ 38, Dx: ovulation issues
    15 treatment cycles: c/p 4/11, m/c 12/11 (6w), possible ectopic + MTX 4/12 (7w)
    Another c/p in 12/12

Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

• image sarahtoledo:
    I use a non-SPF moisturizer and a powder SPF 30.  I hate the feeling of liquid sunscreen on my face.   

I've been looking for a powder w/spf 30 in it, what brand do you wear?

[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/arpreston18/mud2-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image mandapanda18:

image sarahtoledo:
    I use a non-SPF moisturizer and a powder SPF 30.  I hate the feeling of liquid sunscreen on my face.   

I've been looking for a powder w/spf 30 in it, what brand do you wear?

Bare Minerals, and I really like it.  It gives just a little bit of coverage, but it's perfect for me, because I have freckles and don't want them covered.  :)  My first container has lasted forEVER.

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

TTC #1 @ 38, Dx: ovulation issues
    15 treatment cycles: c/p 4/11, m/c 12/11 (6w), possible ectopic + MTX 4/12 (7w)
    Another c/p in 12/12

Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

• I had been using a moisturizer by Eucerin for Sensitive Skin that has SPF 30 in it, but I could tell I'm still freckling and I wanted to bump up my SPF.

So, during the summer, I'm using a SPF 60 sunblock made specifically for the face by Neutrogena. I also saw one by Coppertone that I considered, but I think the Neutrogena was on sale the day I bought it.

I had also tried putting regular sunblock on my face. I have some Banana Boat Sport, SPF 50 and I stopped using it on my face because it burns. The sun doesn't burn it, but the lotion itself is irritating on my skin. It works fine on my arms and legs, but on my face it does not feel good at all.

I don't think I'd ever use a moisturizer AND a sunblock. My face is oily enough that I only want one product on there at a time.