Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Skirt+Top I can buy tomorrow AM :0

I'm faced with a fashion emergency.  I totally forgot about a coworker's shower tomorrow.  I have nothing to wear for a variety of reasons and am looking for an A-line, somewhat structured skirt that works for a size 12/14 person.  I'll also need some kind of matching top.  It's supposed to be 80 and muggy here tomorrow.  I stopped by Kohls and Target on the way home and didn't see anything, but if you have a great idea I'm willing to go back in the morning.

There will be work people there so I'd like to dress fairly conservatively.  I have access to most major chains, but I'd like to be done shopping by 11am so I have time to get dressed and out the door.  TIA!

Re: Skirt+Top I can buy tomorrow AM :0

• I'd go to a department store (Nordstroms, Macys, something like that) and tell them what I'm looking for, and ask them to dress me. they open kind of early on Saturdays, right?
  • If you can get to an ann taylor loft I just bought a black pencil skirt and cute top, I am a 14 and they have a bunch of cute options I bought a few shirts to go with the skirt
  • Does Ann Taylor Loft have non-work but still nice clothes?  I don't want to look like I came from the office (it's Saturday) but there will be coworkers there, and it's an event related to work, so I'd really like to cover my arms and have the skirt go to my knees.

Part of my problem is I'm pretty fashion clueless, so perhaps going to a department store and begging them to dress me will work too.

• I think going to LOFT is a good idea! They have cute options that don't look like you just stepped out of the office. Also, I think they are having a big sale...50% off of already sale items, I think? Plus if your location is anything like the one by me, the sales reps will be REALLY eager to help you! lol.
  • image Officer'sWife:
    I think going to LOFT is a good idea! They have cute options that don't look like you just stepped out of the office. Also, I think they are having a big sale...50% off of already sale items, I think? Plus if your location is anything like the one by me, the sales reps will be REALLY eager to help you! lol.

Ditto this.  They have adorable but conservative options for your occasion.  Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • we want to know what you ended up wearing! :)
  • Turns out the Ann Taylor Loft near me doesn't open until 10am, so I went to the Macy's in the mall that opened at 9.  I got a coral/peach-ish skirt and a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt with an interesting neckline and ran home to get dressed.  Turns out maybe I shouldn't have worried, my boss showed up in a twin set and mom jeans (although everyone else looked cute and together, so I was glad I'd made the effort).

Tomorrow I'm headed for the outlets to go shopping for dressy-casual clothes.  My usual weekend attire basically comes from REI and I've lost about 20 pounds in the past year so my  old clothes don't fit and weren't appropriate in the first place.  Thanks for all your recommendations, I spent last night looking at outfits online so I had a good idea of what to buy.