Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Does anyone get a perm anymore?

I have long mid-back thin extremely straight hair.  I'd prefer to keep it long but it's getting to the point where I have to do something or else I'm going to chop it all off.  I wash my hair every other day.  The first day I can tease, volumize or do what ever to it and where it down.  But after that it's so limp and flat that my hair parts so horribly that I look like I have a huge bald spot and have to throw it up.  I wear my hair in a clip or ponytail about 99.7% of the time.

Rather than chopping it off I'm considering getting a perm for the curls and volume and much more versatility.

WDYT?

image image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Does anyone get a perm anymore?

• one thing i would think about is that your hair is so straight and when the roots start growing in it will look weird next to the curls. you can't really get a perm that often so i don't know how you would handle that.

have you tried not taking length off but just having someone make it less heavy so you can get more volume? i would try something like that first before doing something as drastic as a perm.

?Hoping to Adopt & FTA?
  • Yeah...  You know what?  Nevermind.  I'll just get it chopped and donate to LOL.  It'll be hot soon anyway I may like it more.

Now to find a cute style.

image image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you like it long, you should try some layers first before chopping it (imo). my hair is long and it will get to a point where it just hangs (it's fine but there's a lot of it, and has a little natural wave if I let it airdry)--getting layers cleaned up makes a huge difference. I don't really like the look of layers, but my stylist does it in a way that just lightens things up without looking all layer-y, and I get a lot more volume. texturing product works wonders, too.
  • I just finished growing out a perm.  I tend to get sick of my hair when it gets long, and I have permed it in the past.  I only have to get it redone every six months because I have some natural texture to my hair (although it is definitely very straight).  I get spiral perms and have always been happy with them.
    Otto
    My (New! Improved!) Blog

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools