June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

IRL friends & babies (a poll)

Do you have any IRL friends who are pg or TTC that you just cannot see with babies? I know that sounds awful, but there are just some people in my life, more aquaintences really, that I just cannot picture with a child for various reasons.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Re: IRL friends & babies (a poll)

• DH has a friend who is pregnant and we totally cannot see her being a mom... its kinda funny!
  • To be honest, both of my step-sisters fell into this category before they had kids. Now? They're both wonderful mothers. When they were pg though, I dreaded what would happen, lol.

A friend from HS just announced her pregnancy on FB and it made me wonder. I know people change, but I absolutely cannot see her giving up her lifestyle for a kid. *shrug*

• We have friends who want to be parents next year and I just can't see it.

They adopted a kitten and took it back after a week b/c it was sick and they couldn't handle it.

They then bought a puppy and took it back after 24 hours b/c it wouldn't let them sleep.

According to the guy, children are going to be easier than the cat so he doesn't see a problem. Hmm, sure buddy. You just have to water and feed a cat for heavens sake.

Happiest place on Earth!
  • fSIL! BIL is great with kids but his soon to be wife, is good playing with kids, but I can't see her actually dealing with all the ugliness it entail. She asks me some of the most radiculous questions sometims. I worry about her. She mentioned she'd like six, so who knows what will happen after the first.
  • A friend of mine from high school. She's always said she doesn't want children (she had a pretty rough childhood - totally messed up parents). Also, babies and children terrify her, she works crazy hours as a financial analyst, and spends all her free time running. She's kind of ...tough, and not maternal at all.

She just got married about a year ago, though, and her husband is the ying to her yang. A total breath of fresh air, completely laid back, great guy. Now, it sounds like they've been talking about children (not for awhile, but in the future), and her DH will be a stay at home Dad, while she brings home the bacon. I cannot imagine a more perfect family situation for her. 

• My SIL.  She got pregnant and dropped out of hs at 17. I couldn't imagine her with a child then and I still have a hard time seeing her as a mom.  I've seen her with Adrian [4 1/2] enough to see she's more like a big sister to him.  He actually used to live with my ILs because she's such a crummy parent.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image MrsJaay:

We have friends who want to be parents next year and I just can't see it.

They adopted a kitten and took it back after a week b/c it was sick and they couldn't handle it.

They then bought a puppy and took it back after 24 hours b/c it wouldn't let them sleep.

According to the guy, children are going to be easier than the cat so he doesn't see a problem. Hmm, sure buddy. You just have to water and feed a cat for heavens sake.

Wow!! That poor baby!

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/PROPICTS">My Bio(s) </a>

<a href="http://sweetcountrylovin.blogspot.com/">My Blog!</a>

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/9tjo2c.jpg[/IMG]