International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? about grocery stores in the U.K!

I read down below about somebody missing WHOLE FOODS!  Are there any similiar grocery options in the U.K....along the lines of  grocery stores or smaller shops that carry organics and specialty/gourmet food options?  We're moving to the U.K this summer!

Thanks in advance!

Re: ? about grocery stores in the U.K!

• There are several Whole Foods in London.

Where are you moving? 

Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • There are tons and tons of organic veg in lots of stores - even the cheaper ones.  As for specialty foods - also easy in many locations in the UK.  I get organic veg from Tesco, Sainsburys & Waitrose...I get specialty/gourmet foods from Waitrose.  And there are butchers, fish mongers, etc available all over.
  • You can buy organic veg from the main supermarkets, like ukyankee said. It may be more limited outside of greater London, but it's still possible - although we can't buy any org veg from our local (Morrisons) so have resorted to a organic box scheme. Still, I reckon 'organic' is bigger in the UK...

In terms of something like Whole Foods, there's nothing really like that aroiund me. There is a Waitrose, but it's so small, that it's not really the same. But it depends where you'll be and what you want...

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Mark & Spencers also has some good gourmet food as well - not so much on the organic though.
  • Thanks for all your replies!

We'll be in the Gloucestershire area which i believe might be 2 hours from London?  So i am hoping to be able to find some of the stores you mentioned but perhaps their only located in London??

I hope there will be some options in the area!

Thanks again!

• Waitrose, M&S, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and Asda are national chains. I don't know what they will have near you but am sure they will have some of them. Whole Foods is in London, but there are smaller more local stores all over as well.
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]