International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I want to do this!!!

I met a guy at an event once who owns an adventure travel agency.  We started discussing some of the amazing places he's been and trips that he takes families on.  Quint is too young to do any of these trips yet and we don't have family to stash him with but when he's old enough, I'm totally going on an adventure trip.  This one looks pretty freaking amazing:

The Land of Fire, Ice and Volcano dust......

Night VolcanoA once in a lifetime opportunity - Visit the erupting volcano on the Eyjafjallaj?kull glacier and see the most amazing natural fireworks display you will probably ever see! 

You will be picked-up by our guides from your 4 star Hotel in Reykjavik in specially adapted 4x4 Super-Jeeps to drive you through a stunning environment towards a safe viewing area to see to the erupting volcanic area of Eyjafjallaj?kull glacier.

The location chosen for this sightseeing adventure is what we believe to be simply the best possible view over the volcanic area while keeping a safe distance. How close you get will depend on road, glacier and weather conditions and of course the current state of the volcanic eruption! An experience you simply won't forget for the rest of your life. Depending on road conditions and the chosen route you will return to Reykjavik around midnight.

In case the Volcano is not accessible due to adverse conditions or if the Volcano has died down, an alternative trip will be made to see the world famous Geysir hot springs, Gullfoss the largest waterfall in Northern Europe and the Continental divide ?ingvellir National Park, three amazing sights in their own right.

On your way back to Keflavik Intl airport you can enjoy a dip in the famous steam baths of the Blue Lagoon.

CLICK HERE FOR ADVENTURE DETAILS AND PRICING.

Bring very warm clothing and a good camera!

• Includes 2 nights hotel accommodation and breakfast.
  • Hotel pick-up between 17:00-17:30 returning around midnight.
  • Guided Super-Truck ride to the eruption area.
  • Minimum 2 persons - maximum 10 per super truck.
  • Additional activities can be arranged e.g. whale watching, snow mobile trips.
The above trip is exclusive of International air-fares, travel and cancellation insurance.
SteynWaters Ltd

Disclaimer:
All super jeep and volcano day trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. SteynWaters does not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk. Adequate travel and cancellation insurance is highly recommended.

Re: I want to do this!!!

• That sounds very cool!  I really want to visit Iceland, and I would love to see the volcano. I wonder how much you can actually see, though. It seems like the area has very limited visibility with all the ash, but maybe it's cleared up some?

Visiting the active lava flow in Hawaii was definitely one of the coolest things we've ever done when traveling.