Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Cute or Fug?

• I think it looks cool.  However, it doesn't look very comfortable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image adreajoy713:

I think it looks cool.  However, it doesn't look very comfortable.

Hmm.  If it is not comfortable, then I don't want it.

I am looking for 2 accent chairs to go in the livingroom to put next to the electric fireplace we are going to add.  I want the chairs to be somewhat comfortable though.

• It's the arms that make me think it might be uncomfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image adreajoy713:

I love the look of it, but Adrea makes a good point.  But then, again, I don't sit in chairs correctly, so that might make a difference in my mind.  (I always sit with my feet under me, and leaning on the arm.)

• image Kasa:
    image adreajoy713:

I love the look of it, but Adrea makes a good point.  But then, again, I don't sit in chairs correctly, so that might make a difference in my mind.  (I always sit with my feet under me, and leaning on the arm.)

That is how I picture myself using the chair that I buy.  Curled up, sipping wine next to the fake fireplace. Stick out tongue

• In the room, they will be really cute. However, they will probably end up being the chairs that everyone comments on, but never sits in. You'll have people crammed four on the couch and on the floor before people sit in them. They remind me of a beautiful black leather club chair that we have that no one sits in because they think it's "off limits" and basically for company only type of thing. I would say if they aren't insane expensive to get them, but if they are a lot of money, invest that money instead into a really comfortable chair.
  • They are $375.  I thought that was a pretty good price.  Thoughts? 

I just started looking.  I did find some chairs that I love that are $900 each.

• That chair looks like a big bloody nose on a sweet little face waiting to happen. The edges look pretty rough. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • image LVila:
    That chair looks like a big bloody nose on a sweet little face waiting to happen. The edges look pretty rough. 

LOL

I like them, but I have zero style so take it with a grain of Salt.  I thought my Ikea Poang chair was pretty hip when I bought it LOL

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It looks like the seat is too long/deep, so you have to sit way back in it to be comfortable, and then it also looks like the back is at too much of a reclining angle to really work (for me, anyway).
  • image Desmond&MollyJones*:

They are $375.  I thought that was a pretty good price.  Thoughts? 

Disagree. Smile

• image freeburger16:

image LVila:
    That chair looks like a big bloody nose on a sweet little face waiting to happen. The edges look pretty rough. 

LOL

I like them, but I have zero style so take it with a grain of Salt.  I thought my Ikea Poang chair was pretty hip when I bought it LOL

*I* have zero style.  I want to change that.  Or at least fake it with the new house.  Stick out tongue

• image Chymes:
    It looks like the seat is too long/deep, so you have to sit way back in it to be comfortable, and then it also looks like the back is at too much of a reclining angle to really work (for me, anyway).

There's what I'm thinking too.  They look very mod and cool, but not very practical.  And it sounds like you really want to use them for sipping wine, lounging and such. If they were just going to be accent pieces for people to look at, I'd say go for it. 

The color seems a bit drab to me, and I'm not trying to be offensive with that comment.  If I remember correctly, you have a tan or brown sofa, right?  Why not punch it up with some color or design to really add some dimension to your room?  For example:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kerco - I agree about the "drab" color.  We will be buying a new couch for the livingroom, and my H is deadset on brown leather.

I love that first chair you posted.  Where is it from?  Thank you!

• Overstock.  It's less expensive than the one you picked out and $2.95 to ship.  Bonus!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MrsKerCo:
    Overstock.  It's less expensive than the one you picked out and $2.95 to ship.  Bonus!

Thank you!

• image Chymes:
    image Desmond&MollyJones*:

They are $375.  I thought that was a pretty good price.  Thoughts? 

Disagree. Smile

Agree with Chymes.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers